    same/similar result.

    General direction?

    Thanks!

    Merk, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Merk,

    Taking a look at their search.js page which is the javascript doing all the
    work they are using the equivalent of AJAX (if it isn't ajax itself...)

    Using Visual Studio.NET 2005's new AJAX objects you could do the same pretty
    easily. If you're on .NET 2003 then there was just a post about some good
    AJAX resources that are compatible with .NET 2003 posted by Karl Seguin in
    the "Which AJAX library to use" post just a bit below this one.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Merk

    Patrice Guest

    - Either the list is short and some local javascript extract the needed
    information from embedded data (array, hidden table etc...) and show the
    relevant part.
    - For big lists, the javascript code could call a server side page (witjout
    posting the page but by using XMLHTTP, an hidden frame or whatever else
    similar) and retrieve the needed information that then shows up.

    If this is the "AS you type" part, you do have key events available....

    Patrice

    Patrice, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Merk

    Mr Newbie Guest

    I must say, it's very impressive !

    --
    Best Regards

    The Inimitable Mr Newbie º¿º

    "S. Justin Gengo" <justin@[no_spam_please]aboutfortunate.com> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Mr Newbie, Nov 10, 2005
  5. http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en Google did it a while
    back......

    Tim Cartwright, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Merk

    Bruce Barker Guest

    its pretty simple. in client script they keep an array of all the values,
    and use dhtml to update a div with the matching results as you type. they
    even do the sorting on the client side.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Nov 10, 2005