Search in a TEXT File

Prabhat

Hello friends,

I have one TEXT file that I use to log download information from website.
The file will have unique Login ID for the downloads. When the user will
come for next time for download the LOG entry should go under the same
section (same ID number) so for this I need to search the text file for the
ID and if the ID is found the program should append the NEW LOG entry to the
end of Section. (section mark can be a line of ***** ) (mean just before the
***** line)

How can I do that using ASP (vbs). Please guide me.

Regards
Prabhat

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Prabhat said:
Hello friends,

I have one TEXT file that I use to log download information from
website. The file will have unique Login ID for the downloads. When
the user will come for next time for download the LOG entry should go
under the same section (same ID number) so for this I need to search
the text file for the ID and if the ID is found the program should
append the NEW LOG entry to the end of Section. (section mark can be
a line of ***** ) (mean just before the ***** line)

How can I do that using ASP (vbs). Please guide me.

Due to concurrency issues, I do not believe that a text file should be used
for this purpose. Instead, use a database, even Access.