    search inside the content of those files.
    How do I search inside those type of files ?

    Thanks for your time

    Ya Ya, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Adobe provides an addition to Indexing Services in the form of a dll that
    will enable Indexing services to search PDF files. That would enable you to
    use Indexing Services to search those files easily. CHM are a whole other
    matter though and I'm not sure what the best way to search them is.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Ya Ya

    Guest

    For .CHM files, there are several files that describe the file format. It is
    technically undocumented, so using this information is obviously at your own
    risk:

    http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/hhm/
    http://www.speakeasy.org/~russotto/chm/

    As for PDF files, Adobe documents the format. I'm not exactly sure where it
    is, but it's out there. You can also take a look at the open source project
    XPDF. It is a PDF viewer for X Windows in Unix and you should be able to
    learn quite a bit from it.

    Both of these formats are fairly complex, so there's no simple way to get at
    what you want going this route.

    Pete Davis

    "Ya Ya" <> wrote in message
    > I have a folder with a lot of PDF and CHM files.
    > I would like to develope an ASP.net application that enables the user to
    > search inside the content of those files.
    > How do I search inside those type of files ?
    >
    > Thanks for your time

    , Apr 27, 2004
  4. Ya Ya

    Guest

    And I just came across this project on CodeProject:
    http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/HtmlHelp.asp

    Very cool stuff. This will definitely help you with the .chm stuff.

    Pete

    "Ya Ya" <> wrote in message
    > I have a folder with a lot of PDF and CHM files.
    > I would like to develope an ASP.net application that enables the user to
    > search inside the content of those files.
    > How do I search inside those type of files ?
    >
    > Thanks for your time

    , Apr 28, 2004