    Lubbock, Texas
    kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    website: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Nov 23, 2003

  2. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    kayodeok Guest

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have included the line
    > in my mother's website. Why doesn't the URL
    > "http://members.cox.net/sbk11" appear on a search for "Susie
    > Kinserlow" in Google?

    Google ignores metadata because it has been abused by webmasters;
    Google will only spider the body of your site; therefore, if
    "susie kinserlow" does not appear anywhere in the body, it will
    not be spidered and indexed.

    The general rule of thumb is that google spiders and indexes what
    can be seen by humans anything else is usually considered spam
    (though I am sure there are exceptions).

    See also:
    Google Information for Webmasters
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

    kayodeok, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Brett Guest

    Brett, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Nick Howes Guest

    "Brett" <> wrote in message
    > Why doesn't the URL
    > > "http://members.cox.net/sbk11" appear on a search for "Susie
    > > Kinserlow" in Google?

    > You first need to tell google about your site. Go here
    > http://www.google.com/addurl.html and submit the link
    > http://members.cox.net/sbk11
    >
    > Then be patient, it will take a little while before google will index the
    > page.

    Google doesn't actually require that you submit your site, it can find it
    from links on other sites. But in any case, if the page appears at all it
    will be a good few weeks (its robots have to crawl through billions of pages
    each time... takes a while!).

    Nick Howes, Nov 24, 2003
  5. On 23 Nov 2003 18:49:29 GMT, kayodeok <>
    wrote:

    >Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have included the line
    >> in my mother's website. Why doesn't the URL
    >> "http://members.cox.net/sbk11" appear on a search for "Susie
    >> Kinserlow" in Google?

    >Google ignores metadata because it has been abused by webmasters;
    >Google will only spider the body of your site; therefore, if
    >"susie kinserlow" does not appear anywhere in the body, it will
    >not be spidered and indexed.
    >
    >The general rule of thumb is that google spiders and indexes what
    >can be seen by humans anything else is usually considered spam
    >(though I am sure there are exceptions).
    >
    >See also:
    >Google Information for Webmasters
    >http://www.google.com/webmasters/

    Is it worthwhile to enter any metadata? If the search engines ignore
    it, it seems pretty useless.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Nov 24, 2003
  6. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    > Is it worthwhile to enter any metadata? If the search engines
    > ignore it, it seems pretty useless.

    I understand that Google sometimes requires the description if it
    cannot derive one for that page, however, the best place to discuss
    this topic is either news://alt.internet.search-engines or

    Have a look at:
    How To Use HTML Meta Tags
    http://www.searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.php/2167931

    But bear in mind that the page is old in search engine optimisation
    terms (though it does mention that Google ignores meta stuff)

    kayodeok, Nov 24, 2003