Searching an article about testing C or C++ code with Ruby

Stephan Kämper

Hi all,

I seem to recall that I read an article about testing C (or C++) code
using Ruby. Unfortunately I can't remember where to find it - well since
I'm posting here, it's obvious, isn't it. ;-)
Googling didn't help either.

Does anyone remember - the author perhaps? Or does anyone use Ruby to
test C/C++ code?

Happy rubying & happy testing

Stephan

Phil Tomson

Hi all,

I seem to recall that I read an article about testing C (or C++) code
using Ruby. Unfortunately I can't remember where to find it - well since
I'm posting here, it's obvious, isn't it. ;-)
Googling didn't help either.

Does anyone remember - the author perhaps? Or does anyone use Ruby to
test C/C++ code?

Happy rubying & happy testing

I've done it before using swig to wrap C++ classes and writing the unit
tests in Ruby. It worked quite well.

I wrote an article in C/C++ Users Journal (I think it was the Jan 2004
issue) on mixing Ruby and C++ using Swig. I mentioned unit testing in the
article, but it wasn't the main focus.

Phil

Stephan Kämper

Hi Jim,

Was it this?

Jim thanks from that link - which is interesting in itself. I'm
definitely reading that very soon.
But it wasn't it.

Anyway thanks for listening - or reading my query.
Just posting the question - and having a lunch break - made me relaxed
enough to find the answer myself after all:

"Mixed-Language Development & SWIG Mixing Ruby &C++" by Phil Thomson

http://www.cuj.com/articles/2004/0401/

(Too bad CUJ's search didn't find the article...)

Anyway thanks Jim for answering and thanks Phil for writing the article.

Happy rubying

Stephan