Searching C++ examples applications with source code

Discussion in 'C++' started by Stefan Ram, Mar 23, 2010.

  1. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    I am looking for some examples of applications that are
    really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

    For example:

    I tried:

    http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=C++&search=Search

    But for me it just gives

    No results were found to match your current search criteria.

    And the link »Programming Language« on that page does not
    work for me.

    (This joins many other bad experiences I made with Sourceforge,
    were even the most fundamental things just don't work for me.)

    Stefan Ram, Mar 23, 2010

  2. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    -berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:
    >I am looking for some examples of applications that are
    >really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

    The best thing would be applications written in just
    portable standard C++ that come with sourcecode, can
    be compiled under most C++ implementations independent
    of the operating systems and are indeed used by many
    users, but not only by programmers.

    Stefan Ram, Mar 23, 2010

  3. Stefan Ram wrote:
    > I am looking for some examples of applications that are
    > really used by many users and come with C++ source code.
    >
    > For example:
    >
    > I tried:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=C++&search=Search
    >
    > But for me it just gives
    >
    > No results were found to match your current search criteria.
    >
    > And the link »Programming Language« on that page does not
    > work for me.
    >
    > (This joins many other bad experiences I made with Sourceforge,
    > were even the most fundamental things just don't work for me.)

    Is this link:
    http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&pmode=0&fq[]=trove%3A165&sort=num_downloads_week&sortdir=desc&limit=25
    working for you?

    Vladimir Jovic, Mar 23, 2010
  4. Stefan Ram

    osmium Guest

    Stefan Ram wrote:

    > -berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:
    >> I am looking for some examples of applications that are
    >> really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

    > The best thing would be applications written in just
    > portable standard C++ that come with sourcecode, can
    > be compiled under most C++ implementations independent
    > of the operating systems and are indeed used by many
    > users, but not only by programmers.

    The number of such programs has to be near zero. The non-OS specific I-O
    available with the standard language is just too basic to. No file
    directories? In 2010? Come on . . .

    osmium, Mar 23, 2010
  5. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Stefan Ram, Mar 23, 2010
  6. On 23 mar, 15:17, -berlin.de (Stefan Ram) wrote:
    > -berlin.de (Stefan Ram) writes:
    > >I am looking for some examples of applications that are
    > >really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

    >   The best thing would be applications written in just
    >   portable standard C++ that come with sourcecode, can
    >   be compiled under most C++ implementations independent
    >   of the operating systems and are indeed used by many
    >   users, but not only by programmers.

    From memory:
    - the Blender Game Engine (Blender itself is in C IIRC)
    - Scribus (but the quality is not what I would call industrial
    strength)
    - Google Chrome
    - numerous libraries (Ogre3D, wxWidget, WTL, ...)

    I guess you could also find valuable code on open-source adobe pages
    http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/site/Home

    Or other project in c++ (quick search on google):
    http://kosmosfs.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.hypertable.org/

    --
    Michael