Searching C++ examples applications with source code

Stefan Ram

I am looking for some examples of applications that are
really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

For example:

I tried:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=C++&search=Search

But for me it just gives

No results were found to match your current search criteria.

And the link »Programming Language« on that page does not
work for me.

(This joins many other bad experiences I made with Sourceforge,
were even the most fundamental things just don't work for me.)

Stefan Ram

I am looking for some examples of applications that are
really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

The best thing would be applications written in just
portable standard C++ that come with sourcecode, can
be compiled under most C++ implementations independent
of the operating systems and are indeed used by many
users, but not only by programmers.

Vladimir Jovic

Stefan said:
I am looking for some examples of applications that are
really used by many users and come with C++ source code.

For example:

I tried:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=C++&search=Search

But for me it just gives

No results were found to match your current search criteria.

And the link »Programming Language« on that page does not
work for me.

(This joins many other bad experiences I made with Sourceforge,
were even the most fundamental things just don't work for me.)

Is this link:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type...sort=num_downloads_week&sortdir=desc&limit=25
working for you?

osmium

Stefan said:
The best thing would be applications written in just
portable standard C++ that come with sourcecode, can
be compiled under most C++ implementations independent
of the operating systems and are indeed used by many
users, but not only by programmers.

The number of such programs has to be near zero. The non-OS specific I-O
available with the standard language is just too basic to. No file
directories? In 2010? Come on . . .

Michael Doubez

  The best thing would be applications written in just
  portable standard C++ that come with sourcecode, can
  be compiled under most C++ implementations independent
  of the operating systems and are indeed used by many
  users, but not only by programmers.

From memory:
- the Blender Game Engine (Blender itself is in C IIRC)
- Scribus (but the quality is not what I would call industrial
strength)
- Google Chrome
- numerous libraries (Ogre3D, wxWidget, WTL, ...)

I guess you could also find valuable code on open-source adobe pages
http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/site/Home

Or other project in c++ (quick search on google):
http://kosmosfs.sourceforge.net/
http://www.hypertable.org/