    Could someone point me to a good and advanced featured and bigger XML sample document publicly available
    in the internet?

    Michael
    Michael Hertz, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Re: Searching =?ISO-8859-1?Q?f=FCr_a_big_=28!=29_XML_d?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?ocument_sample_with_attributes_and_approx_6_?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?nesting_levels?=

    Michael Hertz wrote:

    > I would like to have an advanced XML document with nesting level 5-6, with 1-4 attributes of some of the elements,
    > and with differences onyl in attributes or attribute values and approx 200 -500 lines?

    The authors of the xmark benchmarks have spent
    much effort on creating such a document:

    http://monetdb.cwi.nl/xml/downloads.html

    You shouldnt download the data file !
    It has 37 MB (compressed) and you can create it
    yourself with the help of a tool. The tool can
    also create smaller version with "scaling factors"
    which are much shorter but have the same non-trivial
    structure.

    I also found this file interesting:

    http://xml.shavlik.com/mssecure.xml
    http://www.netadmintools.com/part250.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Michael Hertz wrote:
    > Could someone point me to a good and advanced featured and bigger XML
    > sample document publicly available
    > in the internet?

    Hallo,

    Although they are not big, you could have a look at Jim Clark's XML Test
    Cases: ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/xml/xmltest.zip

    Making big XML files out of these samples should be easy with a few XSL
    tranformations (at least for those that are well-formed).

    MfG

    --
    Patrick Philippot - Microsoft MVP
    MainSoft Consulting Services
    Patrick Philippot, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Michael Hertz

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Re: Searching fr a big (!) XML document sample with attributes and approx 6 nesting levels

    Michael Hertz wrote:

    > I have hundreds of samples of XML documents on my harddisc. But all of
    > them lack the one or another feature of XML. Some XML documents have no
    > attributes some others are rather flat (nesting level=2). Furthermore
    > there are XML samples which do not have duplicate elements with only
    > different attribute values or all with the same attributes.
    >
    > I would like to have an advanced XML document with nesting level 5-6, with
    > 1-4 attributes of some of the elements, and with differences onyl in
    > attributes or attribute values and approx 200 -500 lines?
    >
    > Could someone point me to a good and advanced featured and bigger XML
    > sample document publicly available in the internet?

    Almost any large document in TEI will exhibit most of these features. See
    any of the big text repositories in the humanities. (TEI -> www.tei-c.org)

    [The ones I deal with are still in SGML (celt.ucc.ie) but will be converted
    later this year.]

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Sep 22, 2004