Searching file in ASP

Jason

Dear all,

How can I search the file name in specified folder(like "DIR" method in dos)?

for example : searching "c:\abc\test*.jpg"
result = c:\abc\test12345.jpg

Thank you.
Jason

Vince Xu [MSFT]

Hello,

The previous post provides the good choice: FileSystemObject
You can't search the file with "test*.jpg" directly, but you can traverse
the directory and get all files, and then you can filter out the matched
file according to the file name you gave.
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=1487

Sincerely,

Vince Xu

Microsoft Online Support

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
(Vince Xu [MSFT]) writing in
Vince Xu

Microsoft Online Support

ns.

MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues where
an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support Engineer
within 2 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow up
response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
professional working with you may need further investigation to reach
the most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for
situations that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions.
Issues of this nature are best handled working with a dedicated
Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting Microsoft Customer Support
Services (CSS) at

Vince, do you think you could use a proper signature? Two dashes, a
space and a carriage return, and preferably up to 4 lines of signature.
The verbiage you are using in your current signature is not necessary
for usenet postings.

Conforming news clients will strip a properly configured signature.
Understand that some folks are still on dial up, and downloading a lot
of extra signature is costly and counter productive.

Vince Xu [MSFT]

Hello Adrienne,

Thanks for your suggestion. But for our process, I need to use such
signature in my first reply. Because we need to let the customer know some
points about newsgroup.
However, we will use the abbreviated signature after the first post.

Regards,

Vince Xu

Microsoft Online Support

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
(Vince Xu [MSFT]) writing in
Hello Adrienne,

Thanks for your suggestion.

What suggestion? Please quote relavent text in your replies. Remember,
not all news servers have the same retention. Someone could be reading
this and not have access to the original message.
But for our process, I need to use such
signature in my first reply. Because we need to let the customer know
some points about newsgroup.

No, you don't. This is usenet, and these are not necessarily microsoft
customers.

Usenet is a discussion system, not a 24/7 help desk. If someone posting
here happens to find an answer to a question within the discussion, then
that's a good thing, but it's not a guarantee.

True, it's a microsoft.public group, but it's still usenet, and there
are still conventions to follow.
However, we will use the abbreviated signature after the first post.

Regards,

Vince Xu

Microsoft Online Support

And you still have not fixed your signature. A signature should be two
dashes and a space followed by a carriage return. You see, had you used
a proper signature, my news client would automatically have stripped
your signature.

If you use a conforming news client, upon replying to this post, my
signature will magically disappear!

Vince Xu [MSFT]

Hello,

I am an MSFT. Every MSFT in public group will apply this such format of
signature. We have our own standard template for the signature. I'm just
one of them. I haven't any right to modify this template signature.
If you need me append two dashes and a space before the signature, I will.
That'll be a little helps. But sorry for I can't modify any of signure
body.

--
Regards,
Vince Xu

--------------------
| From: Adrienne Boswell <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
| Subject: RE: Searching file in ASP
| Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 03:51:00 +0000 (UTC)
|
| Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
| (Vince Xu [MSFT]) writing in
| |
| > Hello Adrienne,
| >
| > Thanks for your suggestion.
|
| What suggestion? Please quote relavent text in your replies. Remember,
| not all news servers have the same retention. Someone could be reading
| this and not have access to the original message.
|
| > But for our process, I need to use such
| > signature in my first reply. Because we need to let the customer know
| > some points about newsgroup.
|
| No, you don't. This is usenet, and these are not necessarily microsoft
| customers.
|
| Usenet is a discussion system, not a 24/7 help desk. If someone posting
| here happens to find an answer to a question within the discussion, then
| that's a good thing, but it's not a guarantee.
|
| True, it's a microsoft.public group, but it's still usenet, and there
| are still conventions to follow.
|
| > However, we will use the abbreviated signature after the first post.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Vince Xu
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >

| And you still have not fixed your signature. A signature should be two
| dashes and a space followed by a carriage return. You see, had you used
| a proper signature, my news client would automatically have stripped
| your signature.
|
| If you use a conforming news client, upon replying to this post, my
| signature will magically disappear!
|
| --
| Adrienne Boswell at Home
| Arbpen Web Site Design Services
| http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
| Please respond to the group so others can share

Vince Xu [MSFT]

Dear usenet,

If you have further more to discuss about the signature issue, please mail
to me directly. So that I can forword it to my techlead.

(e-mail address removed)

--
Regards,
Vince

--------------------
| From: Adrienne Boswell <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
| Subject: RE: Searching file in ASP
| Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 03:51:00 +0000 (UTC)
|
| Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
| (Vince Xu [MSFT]) writing in
| |
| > Hello Adrienne,
| >
| > Thanks for your suggestion.
|
| What suggestion? Please quote relavent text in your replies. Remember,
| not all news servers have the same retention. Someone could be reading
| this and not have access to the original message.
|
| > But for our process, I need to use such
| > signature in my first reply. Because we need to let the customer know
| > some points about newsgroup.
|
| No, you don't. This is usenet, and these are not necessarily microsoft
| customers.
|
| Usenet is a discussion system, not a 24/7 help desk. If someone posting
| here happens to find an answer to a question within the discussion, then
| that's a good thing, but it's not a guarantee.
|
| True, it's a microsoft.public group, but it's still usenet, and there
| are still conventions to follow.
|
| > However, we will use the abbreviated signature after the first post.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Vince Xu
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >

| And you still have not fixed your signature. A signature should be two
| dashes and a space followed by a carriage return. You see, had you used
| a proper signature, my news client would automatically have stripped
| your signature.
|
| If you use a conforming news client, upon replying to this post, my
| signature will magically disappear!
|
| --
| Adrienne Boswell at Home
| Arbpen Web Site Design Services
| http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
| Please respond to the group so others can share

Vince Xu [MSFT]

Dear usenet,
I found many MSFT and customers didn't use dash-dash-space format of
signature. Is that trouble? If you say it is not a proper format, but we
didn't recieve any formal notify about it. I've append these charators. But
I think you will encounter the same trouble on other customers/MSFT.
So, if you have more to discuss, please mail to me directly:
(e-mail address removed).
I'll let my techlead to know about it.

--
Regards,
Vince

| --------------------
| | From: Adrienne Boswell <[email protected]>
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
| | Subject: RE: Searching file in ASP
| | Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 03:51:00 +0000 (UTC)

U2FsdGVkX1/7vpNwPGRjIHTSrK9OHRVHZlSm0SpMPg1DRueJC12+Xg5RPJFWhIMSALq5++dV8XAF

"|luhm6~c}@@VnH{8YEM%4Vc3dV.8KBSe`NJ![V&oZz=Ek7)_3;hFh4Z@t?_#r_\Ol/t70l2(=Br
| VfhWP[jcTK'VUf_|$zY$*=Rc%YE]'aqo57"~n6h6zN.:MC!Wzfa\0'Q@L3}#fFcI5

0.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.straub-nv.
| de!feeder.eternal-september.org!eternal-september.org!not-for-mail
| |
| | Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
| | (Vince Xu [MSFT]) writing in
| | | |
| | > Hello Adrienne,
| | >
| | > Thanks for your suggestion.
| |
| | What suggestion? Please quote relavent text in your replies.
Remember,
| | not all news servers have the same retention. Someone could be reading
| | this and not have access to the original message.
| |
| | > But for our process, I need to use such
| | > signature in my first reply. Because we need to let the customer know
| | > some points about newsgroup.
| |
| | No, you don't. This is usenet, and these are not necessarily microsoft
| | customers.
| |
| | Usenet is a discussion system, not a 24/7 help desk. If someone
posting
| | here happens to find an answer to a question within the discussion,
then
| | that's a good thing, but it's not a guarantee.
| |
| | True, it's a microsoft.public group, but it's still usenet, and there
| | are still conventions to follow.
| |
| | > However, we will use the abbreviated signature after the first post.
| | >
| | > Regards,
| | >
| | > Vince Xu
| | >
| | > Microsoft Online Support

| |
| | And you still have not fixed your signature. A signature should be two
| | dashes and a space followed by a carriage return. You see, had you
used
| | a proper signature, my news client would automatically have stripped
| | your signature.
| |
| | If you use a conforming news client, upon replying to this post, my
| | signature will magically disappear!
| |
| | --
| | Adrienne Boswell at Home
| | Arbpen Web Site Design Services
| | http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
| | Please respond to the group so others can share
| |
| |

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
(Vince Xu [MSFT]) writing in
Dear usenet,
I found many MSFT and customers didn't use dash-dash-space format of
signature. Is that trouble? If you say it is not a proper format, but
we didn't recieve any formal notify about it. I've append these
charators. But I think you will encounter the same trouble on other
customers/MSFT. So, if you have more to discuss, please mail to me
directly: (e-mail address removed).
I'll let my techlead to know about it.

There, you see, your huge signature magically disappeared - and because
you top posted, the complete thread disappeared as well. Top posting is
very much frowned upon.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in usenet?

Please understand, you are posting to a public usenet group, the
operative word being PUBLIC. You are probably not going to receive any
formal notifications about posting and signatures, other than what you
might read here.

And no, I'm not going to email you. This is a public newsgroup, so the
public should see my response. Perhaps someone else at MSFT will learn
a thing or two.