Searching for clean web site

Matej Barac

I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having trouble
finding anything useful.

If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

p.s.
Sorry for double posting, my date was screwed :)

Roy Schestowitz

Matej said:
I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having
trouble finding anything useful.

If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

I made my personal front page fully compliant and quite simple
(http://www.schestowitz.com/) and I used WordPress to produce code that is
golden (though less simple to follow) XHTML with CSS
(http://www.schestowitz.com/Weblog/). Does that help?

Roy

Leonard Blaisdell

Matej Barac said:
If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

Are you looking for work? If so, this it the wrong group. Are you looking
for inspiration? <http://www.csszengarden.com/>. Are you looking to create
your own site? Follow your heart.

leo

Barbara de Zoete

I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having
trouble
finding anything useful.

If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as
possible
to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even
flash),
as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I
say.

Have you tried any of the sites that are in the sigs of the regulars[1]?
Go through the last weeks posts and find out. It can't be that hard to
find what you want/need.

[1] I'm not a regular.

Neal

Barbara said:
<small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

don't listen to the small voice ;)
I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

Well, of course this was leading to a constipation joke, but it's not
quite as funny now, so I'll retreat...

Barbara de Zoete

don't listen to the small voice ;)

Well, of course this was leading to a constipation joke, but it's not
quite as funny now, so I'll retreat...

LOL

Uncle Pirate

Matej said:
If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

It's not XHTML but HTML 4.01 strict. And I'm still learning but try
looking at any of these:
http://abateofnm.org
http://surecann.com
http://stanmccann.us
http://motorcyclefun.org

And yes, they all need some work.

Cooordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
'94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) :( http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg