    as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

    p.s.
    Sorry for double posting, my date was screwed :)
    Matej Barac, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Matej Barac wrote:

    > I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
    > perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
    > anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
    > complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having
    > trouble finding anything useful.
    >
    > If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
    > share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
    > design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
    > to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
    > as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

    I made my personal front page fully compliant and quite simple
    (http://www.schestowitz.com/) and I used WordPress to produce code that is
    golden (though less simple to follow) XHTML with CSS
    (http://www.schestowitz.com/Weblog/). Does that help?

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 4, 2004

  3. In article <>, Matej Barac
    <> wrote:

    > If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
    > share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
    > design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
    > to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
    > as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

    Are you looking for work? If so, this it the wrong group. Are you looking
    for inspiration? <http://www.csszengarden.com/>. Are you looking to create
    your own site? Follow your heart.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Dec 4, 2004
  4. On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 03:56:01 +0100, Matej Barac <>
    wrote:

    > I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
    > perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
    > anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
    > complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having
    > trouble
    > finding anything useful.
    >
    > If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
    > share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
    > design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as
    > possible
    > to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even
    > flash),
    > as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I
    > say.

    Have you tried any of the sites that are in the sigs of the regulars[1]?
    Go through the last weeks posts and find out. It can't be that hard to
    find what you want/need.

    [1] I'm not a regular.

    --
    Weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
    Webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>
    Barbara de Zoete, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Matej Barac

    Neal Guest

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > I'm not a regular.

    Are you irregular?
    Neal, Dec 4, 2004
  6. On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:10:23 -0500, Neal <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >
    >> I'm not a regular.

    > Are you irregular?

    <small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

    I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

    Barbara de Zoete, Dec 4, 2004
  7. Matej Barac

    Neal Guest

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    > Neal wrote:
    >> Are you irregular?

    > <small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

    don't listen to the small voice ;)

    > I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

    Well, of course this was leading to a constipation joke, but it's not
    quite as funny now, so I'll retreat...
    Neal, Dec 4, 2004
  8. On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:27:25 -0500, Neal <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >> Neal wrote:
    >>> Are you irregular?

    >> <small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

    > don't listen to the small voice ;)
    >
    >> I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

    > Well, of course this was leading to a constipation joke, but it's not
    > quite as funny now, so I'll retreat...

    LOL

    Barbara de Zoete, Dec 4, 2004
  9. Matej Barac

    Uncle Pirate Guest

    Matej Barac wrote:
    > If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
    > share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
    > design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
    > to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
    > as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

    It's not XHTML but HTML 4.01 strict. And I'm still learning but try
    looking at any of these:
    http://abateofnm.org
    http://surecann.com
    http://stanmccann.us
    http://motorcyclefun.org

    And yes, they all need some work.

    Cooordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
    '94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) :( http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg
    Uncle Pirate, Dec 8, 2004
  10. Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > I made my personal front page fully compliant and quite simple
    > (http://www.schestowitz.com/)

    OT: I am very disappointed. I couldn't enter your
    Genealogy section. Do you have secret ancestors or
    what?

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
    http://home.no.net/ingernet/
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Dec 8, 2004