    for converting a simple lets say "Hello world" XML doc into pdf with XSL-FO

    Does someone know such a quick start guide ?

    Harry

    Harry Zoroc, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Re: Searching good XSL-FO (formatting objects) tutorial for convertingXML->PDF

    Try looking for a tutorial for using Apache's "fop"? (Actually, I'd
    expect it comes with a simple hello-world sort of example...)

    Joseph Kesselman, Jan 22, 2007

  3. Harry Zoroc

    AlekseyP Guest

    > I would like to learn some XSLT-FO handling procedures and need a good tutorial.
    >
    > Unfortunately most of the links in Google refer to books, lessons, XML syntax
    >
    > What I need is an easy step-by-step guide for installing and applying all necessary tools
    > for converting a simple lets say "Hello world" XML doc into pdf with XSL-FO
    >
    > Does someone know such a quick start guide ?
    >
    > Harry

    Hello Harry,

    I would recommend this XLS tutorial to learn common syntax.
    http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html.

    Then, it depends, what rendering tools you are going to use.
    For example, for XEP Rendering Engine (www.renderx.com) you can read more
    http://www.renderx.com/reference.html

    BizTalk Utilities - Frustration free BizTalk Adapters
    http://www.topxml.com/biztalkutilities

    AlekseyP, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Harry Zoroc

    AlekseyP, Jan 31, 2007