Searching good XSL-FO (formatting objects) tutorial for converting XML->PDF

Harry Zoroc

I would like to learn some XSLT-FO handling procedures and need a good tutorial.

Unfortunately most of the links in Google refer to books, lessons, XML syntax

What I need is an easy step-by-step guide for installing and applying all necessary tools
for converting a simple lets say "Hello world" XML doc into pdf with XSL-FO

Does someone know such a quick start guide ?

Harry

Joseph Kesselman

Try looking for a tutorial for using Apache's "fop"? (Actually, I'd
expect it comes with a simple hello-world sort of example...)

AlekseyP

I would like to learn some XSLT-FO handling procedures and need a good tutorial.

Unfortunately most of the links in Google refer to books, lessons, XML syntax

What I need is an easy step-by-step guide for installing and applying all necessary tools
for converting a simple lets say "Hello world" XML doc into pdf with XSL-FO

Does someone know such a quick start guide ?

Harry

Hello Harry,

I would recommend this XLS tutorial to learn common syntax.
http://www.renderx.com/tutorial.html.

Then, it depends, what rendering tools you are going to use.
For example, for XEP Rendering Engine (www.renderx.com) you can read more
http://www.renderx.com/reference.html

BizTalk Utilities - Frustration free BizTalk Adapters
http://www.topxml.com/biztalkutilities

AlekseyP