Searching Web Page Content

Hi

I have a web app whereby the content for each page is stored in the database

This content is interweaved in html and saved in the Database

As a result when teh user does a search through the app and searches for say <table it brings back everything with teh table tag in the database

Does anyone know if I can only search the text rather than the html and content in my Database

Thanks
C.

Jeff Cochran

I have a web app whereby the content for each page is stored in the database.

This content is interweaved in html and saved in the Database.

As a result when teh user does a search through the app and searches for say <table it brings back everything with teh table tag in the database.

Does anyone know if I can only search the text rather than the html and content in my Database.

Well, the obvious is not to store content and markup together. That
also will make life easier when you modify the layout later.

Beyond that, you can search for anything you wish, and display
wahtever you wish out of the results of the search. You'll need to
code it yourself for display of course.

Jeff

Bullschmidt

Using Index Server to Search Your Web Site - Part I by John Peterson
http://www.asp101.com/articles/john/indexserver/default.asp

Could have a link to have Google search assuming the site is actually on
Google:
the search term site:www.mysite.com

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Consultant
http://www.Bullschmidt.com