searth for "C Programming Language" by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis

kaili

i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
Kernighan, Dennis
Ritchie is the best book for new learners.
but it is unavailable here. i mearn there is nobody selled it.
i wonder any body can help me???

werty

No its not the best . I studied it 35 years ago .....

The fast way to learn C or C++
......snip many opposed oppinions and complaints .
, compare one mans tutorial against another ,
........ some college teachers have
one page tutorials , you can compare against all that .

Remember !! If they argue , maybe you can find the truth .

If one upholds a C/C++ convention , you know hes lying ....
Read the other man , who complains of C convention ,
he will tell you truth .

Programming is simple , but they want to be paid
programmers with difficult language , C++ !!

Programming must put code into memory and test
run it NOW , so you can learn quick .

C does not do this , because it wants many errors ..

I will give free G.U.I. OpSys next year for ARM9 .

You will NOT operate it in English .

No English No English No English !!!!!

My OpSys has no manuals in any language .

Any person can see Icons and images and operate my OpSys
in minutes ....

write code at all levels , it has built in
Macro-Macro-Macro-assembler .
Not limits to the "Macro" again No English !!!

candide

kaili a écrit :
i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
Kernighan, Dennis
Ritchie is the best book for new learners.

K&R alias the Kabbalistic Reference. Conversational style but the
content is unfriendly, elliptic and non-smooth, full of poor
explanations and narcissic code. Not a guide for turist visiting
C-land. This book is a nightmare for beginners. Instead, try {Prata ||
King}'s books, far from perferct but you can take off.

Candide

Robert Adsett

kaili a écrit :

K&R alias the Kabbalistic Reference. Conversational style but the
content is unfriendly, elliptic and non-smooth, full of poor
explanations and narcissic code.

Maybe it's just me, but I found K&R a straightforward introduction to
the language.

Robert

drhowarddrfine

Robert said:
Maybe it's just me, but I found K&R a straightforward introduction to
the language.

Robert
Agree. I find it easy to read and follow and I have ADD!

Richard Heathfield

werty said:
No ["The C Programming Language" is] not the best . I studied it 35
years ago .....

Neat trick. 35 years ago, it was 1st January 1972. The 1st edition of K&R
was not published until 1978.

OP: you can safely ignore werty's reply.

Spiros Bousbouras

Richard said:
werty said:
No ["The C Programming Language" is] not the best . I studied it 35
years ago .....

Neat trick. 35 years ago, it was 1st January 1972. The 1st edition of K&R
was not published until 1978.

OP: you can safely ignore werty's reply.

Werty is a fairly amusing troll who posts regularly
on comp.lang.forth He describes himself as "the
world's greatest systems programmer". I didn't know
he reads this group as well.

Maraw

kaili said:
i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
Kernighan, Dennis
Ritchie is the best book for new learners.
but it is unavailable here. i mearn there is nobody selled it.
i wonder any body can help me???

I don't think it is the best book for new learners unless they have
some programming backgrounds. K&R(2nd Edition) Preface says:

"The book is not an introductory programming manual; it assumes some
familiarity with basic programming concepts like variables, assignment
statements, loops, and functions."