    Ritchie is the best book for new learners.
    but it is unavailable here. i mearn there is nobody selled it.
    i wonder any body can help me???

    kaili, Jan 1, 2007

  2. kaili

    werty Guest

    No its not the best . I studied it 35 years ago .....

    The fast way to learn C or C++
    ......snip many opposed oppinions and complaints .
    , compare one mans tutorial against another ,
    ........ some college teachers have
    one page tutorials , you can compare against all that .

    Remember !! If they argue , maybe you can find the truth .

    If one upholds a C/C++ convention , you know hes lying ....
    Read the other man , who complains of C convention ,
    he will tell you truth .

    Programming is simple , but they want to be paid
    programmers with difficult language , C++ !!

    Programming must put code into memory and test
    run it NOW , so you can learn quick .

    C does not do this , because it wants many errors ..

    I will give free G.U.I. OpSys next year for ARM9 .

    You will NOT operate it in English .

    No English No English No English !!!!!

    My OpSys has no manuals in any language .

    Any person can see Icons and images and operate my OpSys
    in minutes ....

    write code at all levels , it has built in
    Macro-Macro-Macro-assembler .
    Not limits to the "Macro" again No English !!!

    werty, Jan 1, 2007

  3. kaili

    candide Guest

    kaili a écrit :

    > i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
    > Kernighan, Dennis
    > Ritchie is the best book for new learners.

    K&R alias the Kabbalistic Reference. Conversational style but the
    content is unfriendly, elliptic and non-smooth, full of poor
    explanations and narcissic code. Not a guide for turist visiting
    C-land. This book is a nightmare for beginners. Instead, try {Prata ||
    King}'s books, far from perferct but you can take off.

    Candide

    candide, Jan 1, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    candide says...

    > kaili a écrit :
    >
    > > i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
    > > Kernighan, Dennis
    > > Ritchie is the best book for new learners.

    > K&R alias the Kabbalistic Reference. Conversational style but the
    > content is unfriendly, elliptic and non-smooth, full of poor
    > explanations and narcissic code.

    Maybe it's just me, but I found K&R a straightforward introduction to
    the language.

    Robert

    Robert Adsett, Jan 1, 2007
  5. Robert Adsett wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > candide says...
    >> kaili a écrit :
    >>
    >>> i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
    >>> Kernighan, Dennis
    >>> Ritchie is the best book for new learners.

    >> K&R alias the Kabbalistic Reference. Conversational style but the
    >> content is unfriendly, elliptic and non-smooth, full of poor
    >> explanations and narcissic code.

    > Maybe it's just me, but I found K&R a straightforward introduction to
    > the language.
    >
    > Robert

    Agree. I find it easy to read and follow and I have ADD!

    drhowarddrfine, Jan 1, 2007
  6. kaili

    kaili Guest

    thanks all of u
    i'll try to buy it online

    kaili, Jan 1, 2007
  7. werty said:

    > No ["The C Programming Language" is] not the best . I studied it 35
    > years ago .....

    Neat trick. 35 years ago, it was 1st January 1972. The 1st edition of K&R
    was not published until 1978.

    OP: you can safely ignore werty's reply.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Jan 1, 2007
  8. Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > werty said:
    >

    > > No ["The C Programming Language" is] not the best . I studied it 35
    > > years ago .....

    > Neat trick. 35 years ago, it was 1st January 1972. The 1st edition of K&R
    > was not published until 1978.
    >
    > OP: you can safely ignore werty's reply.

    Werty is a fairly amusing troll who posts regularly
    on comp.lang.forth He describes himself as "the
    world's greatest systems programmer". I didn't know
    he reads this group as well.

    Spiros Bousbouras, Jan 2, 2007
  9. kaili

    Maraw Guest

    kaili wrote:
    > i'm chinese i heard that "The C Programming Language " by Brian W.
    > Kernighan, Dennis
    > Ritchie is the best book for new learners.
    > but it is unavailable here. i mearn there is nobody selled it.
    > i wonder any body can help me???

    I don't think it is the best book for new learners unless they have
    some programming backgrounds. K&R(2nd Edition) Preface says:

    "The book is not an introductory programming manual; it assumes some
    familiarity with basic programming concepts like variables, assignment
    statements, loops, and functions."

    Maraw, Jan 3, 2007