[Seattle, WA] Developer Needed with C, Perl, Python and Linux Experience

Matrix Resource Partners, Inc.

Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA

This position will be responsible for working with the OS Development
team to put together a Linux Clustering solution for Cray Customers.

Job Description:

As part of ongoing development efforts, Cray is creating a set of
technologies for operating systems, system administration and
clustering. The successful candidate will be required to work
cooperatively with the groups developing these technologies to select
the ones that are applicable for early deployment. The employee will
then need to work with Cray's integration team to create a Linux
Cluster platform for early versions of the selected Cray software to
be deployed at customers' sites. The employee will need to work with
these early-adopters to fix bugs, resolve technical issues, collect
feedback, and follow up with the rest of the development organization
to make sure customer feedback is applied to the final product.

Responsibilities:

Develop versions for Cray software suitable to deployment at
early-adopter sites.
Develop a Linux Cluster solution to host initial versions of Cray
software.
Develop procedures to install the Linux Cluster and deploy the
software.
Collect customer feedback and fix bugs.
Relay the feedback to the main development effort for incorporation
into the final product.
Qualifications:

Minimum of 5 years development experience in C, Perl and Python
Minimum 3 years working in Linux
Minimum of 1 year Linux or Unix System Administration
Understanding of operating system concepts and how they are
implemented in the Linux kernel
Experience in downloading, patching, compiling and deploying the Linux
kernel would be a plus
Familiarity with Linux clustering toolkit would be a plus
Interaction and coordination with extended design team and other teams
as needed
Attention to detail while being flexible to the ever changing
conditions of a true fast paced environment
Good communication skills
BS in Computer Science
US citizen or permanent resident

Please send your resume to jeanine at matrixrp.com

Thanks!
Jeanine Wallner
Recruiter | Amazon.com

Joona I Palaste

Matrix Resource Partners said:
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA

What was your C question?

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ---------------------------\
"Parthenogenetic procreation in humans will result in the founding of a new

Matrix Resource Partners, Inc.

Joona I Palaste said:
What was your C question?

Sorry everyone. I'm just a dumb recruiter who didn't think this would
upset people. I thoughy I would be helping developers out in this
tough econony by letting you know about a pretty cool opportunity. I
will never post a position on a comp.lang group again.
Sincerely,
Jeanine

Mike Wahler

Joona I Palaste <[email protected]> wrote in message

Sorry everyone. I'm just a dumb recruiter who didn't think this would
upset people.

I suggest you visit www.usenet.org and educate yourself.
There *are* newsgroups which do cater to folks offering and/or
seeking employment, where your message would be happily
received. This is not one of them.
I thoughy I would be helping developers out

No, not here. Here your solicitation is spam: annoying,
not helpful. In the appropriate group(s), it would be
welcomed.
in this
tough econony

We don't discuss 'the economy' here. We discuss the C
language. Not "C in this economy", "C jobs", etc. Just
the C *language*.
by letting you know about a pretty cool opportunity.

No matter how 'cool' it its, it's not topical here.
will never post a position on a comp.lang group again.

For that I thank you very much.

-Mike