[Seattle, WA] Developer Needed with C, Perl, Python and Linux Experience

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Matrix Resource Partners, Inc., Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
    Location: Seattle, WA

    This position will be responsible for working with the OS Development
    team to put together a Linux Clustering solution for Cray Customers.

    Job Description:

    As part of ongoing development efforts, Cray is creating a set of
    technologies for operating systems, system administration and
    clustering. The successful candidate will be required to work
    cooperatively with the groups developing these technologies to select
    the ones that are applicable for early deployment. The employee will
    then need to work with Cray's integration team to create a Linux
    Cluster platform for early versions of the selected Cray software to
    be deployed at customers' sites. The employee will need to work with
    these early-adopters to fix bugs, resolve technical issues, collect
    feedback, and follow up with the rest of the development organization
    to make sure customer feedback is applied to the final product.

    Responsibilities:

    Develop versions for Cray software suitable to deployment at
    early-adopter sites.
    Develop a Linux Cluster solution to host initial versions of Cray
    software.
    Develop procedures to install the Linux Cluster and deploy the
    software.
    Collect customer feedback and fix bugs.
    Relay the feedback to the main development effort for incorporation
    into the final product.
    Qualifications:

    Minimum of 5 years development experience in C, Perl and Python
    Minimum 3 years working in Linux
    Minimum of 1 year Linux or Unix System Administration
    Understanding of operating system concepts and how they are
    implemented in the Linux kernel
    Experience in downloading, patching, compiling and deploying the Linux
    kernel would be a plus
    Familiarity with Linux clustering toolkit would be a plus
    Interaction and coordination with extended design team and other teams
    as needed
    Attention to detail while being flexible to the ever changing
    conditions of a true fast paced environment
    Good communication skills
    BS in Computer Science
    US citizen or permanent resident

    Please send your resume to jeanine at matrixrp.com

    Thanks!
    Jeanine Wallner
    Recruiter | Amazon.com

    Matrix Resource Partners, Inc., Aug 27, 2003

  2. Matrix Resource Partners, Inc. <> scribbled the following:
    > Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
    > Location: Seattle, WA

    What was your C question?

    "Parthenogenetic procreation in humans will result in the founding of a new
    religion."
    - John Nordberg

    Joona I Palaste, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Joona I Palaste <> wrote in message news:<bij49p$m1v$>...
    > Matrix Resource Partners, Inc. <> scribbled the following:
    > > Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
    > > Location: Seattle, WA

    > What was your C question?

    Sorry everyone. I'm just a dumb recruiter who didn't think this would
    upset people. I thoughy I would be helping developers out in this
    tough econony by letting you know about a pretty cool opportunity. I
    will never post a position on a comp.lang group again.
    Sincerely,
    Jeanine

    Matrix Resource Partners, Inc., Aug 28, 2003
  4. Matrix Resource Partners, Inc.

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] [Seattle, WA] Developer Needed with C, Perl, Python and Linux Experience

    > > Matrix Resource Partners, Inc. <> scribbled the

    following:
    > > > Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
    > > > Location: Seattle, WA

    > > What was your C question?

    > Sorry everyone. I'm just a dumb recruiter who didn't think this would
    > upset people.

    I suggest you visit www.usenet.org and educate yourself.
    There *are* newsgroups which do cater to folks offering and/or
    seeking employment, where your message would be happily
    received. This is not one of them.

    > I thoughy I would be helping developers out

    No, not here. Here your solicitation is spam: annoying,
    not helpful. In the appropriate group(s), it would be
    welcomed.

    >in this
    > tough econony

    We don't discuss 'the economy' here. We discuss the C
    language. Not "C in this economy", "C jobs", etc. Just
    the C *language*.

    >by letting you know about a pretty cool opportunity.

    No matter how 'cool' it its, it's not topical here.

    > will never post a position on a comp.lang group again.

    For that I thank you very much.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Aug 29, 2003