    http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2010/2010-54.htm
    http://kelloggfinance.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/the-sec-gets-one-right

    Ted

    Ted Larson Freeman, Apr 11, 2010

  2. Ted Larson Freeman

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Ted Larson Freeman
    <> wrote:
    > This week the SEC proposed new requirements for asset-backed
    > securities that include the use of XML and Python:
    >
    > "The asset-level information would be provided according to proposed
    > standards and in a tagged data format using eXtensible Markup Language
    > (XML). In addition, we are proposing to require, along with the
    > prospectus filing, the filing of a computer program of the contractual
    > cash flow provisions expressed as downloadable source code in Python,
    > a commonly used open source interpretive programming language."

    I guess we've now gone from "executable pseudocode" to "executable
    legal code" :)

    Cheers,
    Chris
    --
    Cue the Perl jokes!
    http://blog.rebertia.com

    Chris Rebert, Apr 11, 2010

  3. On Apr 10, 11:13 pm, Ted Larson Freeman <>
    wrote:
    > This week the SEC proposed new requirements for asset-backed
    > securities that include the use of XML and Python:
    >
    > "The asset-level information would be provided according to proposed
    > standards and in a tagged data format using eXtensible Markup Language
    > (XML). In addition, we are proposing to require, along with the
    > prospectus filing, the filing of a computer program of the contractual
    > cash flow provisions expressed as downloadable source code in Python,
    > a commonly used open source interpretive programming language."
    >
    > See:http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2010/...rdpress.com/2010/04/08/the-sec-gets-one-right
    >
    > Ted

    Now all we need is for the IRS to follow suit...

    Patrick Maupin, Apr 11, 2010
  4. Ted Larson Freeman

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 4/11/2010 12:13 AM, Ted Larson Freeman wrote:
    > This week the SEC proposed new requirements for asset-backed
    > securities that include the use of XML and Python:
    >
    > "The asset-level information would be provided according to proposed
    > standards and in a tagged data format using eXtensible Markup Language
    > (XML). In addition, we are proposing to require, along with the
    > prospectus filing, the filing of a computer program of the contractual
    > cash flow provisions expressed as downloadable source code in Python,
    > a commonly used open source interpretive programming language."

    Thanks for posting this. More jobs for Python programmers. And perhaps
    better transparency in such investment vehicles.

    > See:
    > http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2010/2010-54.htm
    > http://kelloggfinance.wordpress.com/2010/04/08/the-sec-gets-one-right

    To help anyone trying to verify this, the quote is a quote within the
    blog post which seems to attribute it to the SEC press release. However,
    it actually comes from

    http://www.sec.gov/rules/proposed/2010/33-9117.pdf

    the 'Additional Material' referenced within the press release.

    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Apr 11, 2010