Secure and non-secure message, revisited

zdrakec

Hello all:

I have an aspx page which, when pulled up, displays the "Secure and
non-secure" popup. Additionally, an image control on the page does not
display its image, regardless of how I set the imageURL property of the
image control. The image is defined on my aspx page as:
<asp:image id="imgLogo" runat="server" Width="390px"
Height="60px"></asp:image>

1) I am not using SmartNav
2) I was setting the image url at page_load time, with a call to the
Page.MapPath("..\images\imagename.jpg"). However, although I have
verified that the image file is in place, no image displays on my
target machine, although it does display on my machine and on my test
server. It's my production server having this issue.
3) I changed the image url, after doing some research here, to be
something like "https://hostname/images/imagename.jpg". When I did
this, the "Secure and non-secure" message did indeed go away. However,
my image still does not show up.

Clearly, there is a fundamental gap in my understanding of what's going
on. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks much,
zdrakec

zdrakec

Well, I have actually fixed this issue, I was trying to tell my image
url to use localhost; I gave it the specific name of the host instead,
and all is now well.

Thanks anyway, the posts already here on this topic showed me how to
solve this problem...

Cheers,
zdrakec