secure client api for a web service

Carla

Hello,

I have to make a client api using ruby, to a java web service.

Using wsdl2ruby, I generated the client stubs and now I am trying to
use one of many popular methods of web service in a secure way i.e.
digital signature etc.

Is there a CXF libraries (jar files) equivalent in Ruby that I can
just import and start using their methods?

What other ways are there to start building a secure client api?

Thanks,
Carla

Albert Schlef

Carla said:
What other ways are there to start building a secure client api?

I'm not familiar with java and the technologies you mentioned, but I'd
simply instruct my users (programmers) to access my api using https://.
Their first call would be to the login page. Subsequent calls would need
to send the session cookie.

Carla

I'm not familiar with java and the technologies you mentioned, but I'd
simply instruct my users (programmers) to access my api using https://.
Their first call would be to the login page. Subsequent calls would need
to send the session cookie.

When I am trying to connect to the web service, I am getting
(SOAP::FaultError) back that says Request does not contain required
Security header. How do I add one?