secure flag on cookies in ASP or VB6.0

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Pandiarajan M, Dec 11, 2009.

  1. Pandiarajan M, Dec 11, 2009

  2. Pandiarajan M

    Evertjan. Guest

    Pandiarajan wrote on 11 dec 2009 in

    > How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to
    > ensure that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL
    > Connection for ASP or VB6.0 application.

    asp.net and vb being off-topic here,
    I will try to answer about classic asp:

    I do not think that is possible under asp.

    However is there any need for that,
    as you could limit the pages for SSL use,
    or reserve an url or subdomain especially for SSL?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Dec 11, 2009

  3. Pandiarajan M

    Dan Guest

    "Pandiarajan M" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > How to implement ASP session identifier, with the Secure flag to ensure
    > that the cookie value is only transmitted over and SSL Connection for ASP
    > or VB6.0 application.

    Classic ASP has the Secure property for cookies

    Response.Cookies("mycookie") = "test"
    Response.Cookies("mycookie").Secure = True

    This should set a cookie and tell the browser to only return it to the web
    server when the connection is over HTTPS.

    --
    Dan
    Dan, Dec 11, 2009