secure FTP with ASP?

eibenk

(copied from ms.public.inetserver.asp - no traffic over there)

Hello all,

I am attempting to securely send a file from our Web server to another
server. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Please?

Right now, I'm trying to use WSH to run PSCP (command-line version of
PuTTY). I've tested the command I'm using by opening a DOS box
manually on the server, and the test file is successfully transferred.
I've run Filemon and Regmon while running my sample ASP page, and see
no permissions problems. I've tried running cmd.exe and passing PSCP
as the parameter. I've tried running PSCP.exe directly. I've even
tried using ASPexec to run it instead of WSH. None of these have
worked. I always get the same thing -- error code 0 (success) returned
from WSH or ASPexec, but when I look at the second server the file
never got there, and when I look at terminal services on the Web server
PSCP is still running.

Anybody have a clue? I'm willing to look at commercial components, if
that's what it's going to take.

Thanks for reading!
Kris