secure FTP with ASP?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by eibenk@yahoo.com, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    (copied from ms.public.inetserver.asp - no traffic over there)

    Hello all,

    I am attempting to securely send a file from our Web server to another
    server. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Please?

    Right now, I'm trying to use WSH to run PSCP (command-line version of
    PuTTY). I've tested the command I'm using by opening a DOS box
    manually on the server, and the test file is successfully transferred.
    I've run Filemon and Regmon while running my sample ASP page, and see
    no permissions problems. I've tried running cmd.exe and passing PSCP
    as the parameter. I've tried running PSCP.exe directly. I've even
    tried using ASPexec to run it instead of WSH. None of these have
    worked. I always get the same thing -- error code 0 (success) returned
    from WSH or ASPexec, but when I look at the second server the file
    never got there, and when I look at terminal services on the Web server
    PSCP is still running.

    Anybody have a clue? I'm willing to look at commercial components, if
    that's what it's going to take.

    Thanks for reading!
    Kris

    , Oct 24, 2005