    be fantastic ;o)

    John

    , Feb 29, 2008

  2. On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:14:18 -0800, john_paul_byrne wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am setting up a cron job which calls a perl script, at the end of
    > which, I want to upload a file to a secure ftp server.
    >
    > Can somebody point me in the best way to approach this? A sample would
    > be fantastic ;o)

    Putting the words "Perl sftp" in Google pointed directly to CPANs
    Net::SFTP. I think it'll do the job.

    HTH,
    M4

    Martijn Lievaart, Feb 29, 2008

  3. ccc31807 Guest

    On Feb 29, 6:14 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am setting up a cron job which calls a perl script, at the end of
    > which, I want to upload a file to a secure ftp server.
    >
    > Can somebody point me in the best way to approach this? A sample would
    > be fantastic ;o)
    >
    > John

    You can also use pscp. This is a command line program you can get from
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

    We use this quite often and I can tell you from personal experience
    that it's easy to use and reliable. Call it with system and check the
    return value.

    CC

    ccc31807, Feb 29, 2008

    On Feb 29, 3:03 pm, ccc31807 <> wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 6:14 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I am setting up a cron job which calls a perl script, at the end of
    > > which, I want to upload a file to a secure ftp server.

    > > Can somebody point me in the best way to approach this? A sample would
    > > be fantastic ;o)

    > > John

    > You can also use pscp. This is a command line program you can get fromhttp://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
    >
    > We use this quite often and I can tell you from personal experience
    > that it's easy to use and reliable. Call it with system and check the
    > return value.
    >
    > CC

    Cheers CC

    , Feb 29, 2008