    I have never set up a server to work with https.

    How can I accomplish this? Where do I start?

    Thanks

    Jeremy S., Sep 8, 2005

  2. Hi Jeremy,

    Its quite a simple process, detailed here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows200...indows2000/en/server/iis/htm/core/iisslsc.htm

    You need to purchase a certificate at some point, I recently used
    Verisign:
    http://www.verisign.com/products-services/security-services/ssl/index.html
    (There are other vendors out there).

    Verigisn offer a trial certificate for free - Good if you want to have
    a play:
    http://www.verisign.com/products-services/security-services/ssl/buy-ssl-certificates/free-trial/

    Once you've got the certificate installed, simply link to the content
    which needs to transported via SSL by using HTTPS// instead of HTTP://

    You may want to configure the server to ensure that the content is ONLY
    accessible via SSL. I'm pretty sure this is possible, although I've
    never tried it myself.

    HTH! :)

    Simon.

    Web Team @ Borough of Poole, Sep 8, 2005