    to do something to secure the code?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike
    MikeL, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Well technically if you deploy your application correctly the source
    code should not show up.

    I am assuming the web service you were testing against was local on
    your computer when you saw the visual studio IDe open up your code in
    debug mode. The reason for this is because you are probably compiling
    the application in debug mode. Wehn you do this it created these
    ".pdb" symbol files that tell the CLR when it runs onto a certain line
    of MSIL code which line of C# or VB.Net code it corresponds to the pdb
    files alos tell where to look for the code on a computer. So if you
    deploy the application to a production with the code files and had
    compiled it in debug mode. If an exception is raised you will see a
    stack trace that will shows the lines of code and the full file path of
    where the code was located on the machine it was orgianlly compiled on.

    So as a rule of thumb when you compile your application to be deployed
    to production build it in Release mode
    Keenan Newton, Mar 10, 2005