Secure way of ASPNET Account accessing internal network files?

Christopher Beltran

Hello there, we have an intranet that uses the ASPNET
Account to access our internal network folders and
drives. Several of our board members and other external
people would like to access these documents externally.
Is there a secure way to allow our asp.net app to access
network folders if the app is exposed to the outside
through firewalls inside a DMZ? Specifically, without
introducing another layer such as an application server.
Thanks so much for your input I appreciate it!

Christopher

Lucas Tam

Is there a secure way to allow our asp.net app to access
network folders if the app is exposed to the outside
through firewalls inside a DMZ? Specifically, without
introducing another layer such as an application server.
Thanks so much for your input I appreciate it!

This means internal firewall will have to open up a port to the DMZ. Then,
you can use your DMZ server to connect via FTP, Fileshare, etc.

Another possiblity is giving your board members VPN access?

If your network admin is not willing to open up some ports or give VPN, I
think you're basically out of luck.