Secure web services used by ASP & ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Dave, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi,

    I'm developing Web Services in ASP.NET that have two
    requirements:

    1.) Need use SSL to encrypt login credentials to use the
    web services.

    2.) The services will be used by Classic ASP and ASP.NET
    client apps.

    I've read you can just encrypt the soap headers to pass
    login credentials and that it's easy to create a Proxy
    classes to call the web service if the client is
    ASP.NET.

    However, I have client apps that still use Classic ASP.
    How do you create proxy classes to use in this
    environment? Do I require them to use the
    MSSoap.SoapClient object?

    Thanks, Dave.

    Dave, Oct 22, 2003