Securing .htm pages with asp.net

Guy Incognito

Hello,

I would like to use asp.net to secure a site which includes .htm and
..html pages.

I've tried using forms authentication, global.asax and HTTP modules.
Those approaches work fine for .aspx pages, but they aren't triggered
when an .htm or .html page is called.

So how do you secure .htm pages with asp.net security? Can IIS be
configured so that Global.asax or forms authentication are triggered
when .htm pages are requested?

Thanks,
Jason

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Guy,

you have to route the .htm extension to the aspnet_isapi dll, just like .aspx
and friends...

you do that in IIS application settings.