    there because they are html. Converting them to asp is not an option.

    Any ideas??

    Thanks in advance for your time.

    Jennifer Smith, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Thanks Curt.

    I have some follow up questions:

    If I used non-anonymous authentication wouldn't they have to enter a second
    username and password set up on the server?

    Can you explain what you mean by streaming the files in? I like this one
    because the files cannot be seen using the website url.

    DB is not really an option at this point. There are 1000's of files, and
    they will be updated regularily.

    Thanks!!

    Jennifer Smith, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Hi Jennifer,

    Thanks for posting here. As for your latest question on how to stream
    file(on the server disk) in, I think that means to read a ceratin type of
    file (as binary) in and then write out to the browser at runtime, yes?
    Here are some kb and tech articles discussing on such topics:

    #HOWTO: Use the ADODB.Stream Object to Send Binary Files to the Browser
    through ASP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;276488

    #Reading a text file in ASP
    http://www.codeproject.com/asp/readfile.asp

    #HOWTO: Raise a "File Download" Dialog Box for a Known MIME Type
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260519

    #ASP File Downloading samples
    http://www.devasp.com/search/default.asp?c_id=6

    Hope they're helpful.