Securing word documents

vinod

Hi,

I intend to send word documents thru mail to my clients. I don't
want my clients to save the word document
to there system and i don't want them to print the word documents.

How can i achieve both the tasks ?

Regards
Vinod

Tim Slattery

vinod said:
Hi,

I intend to send word documents thru mail to my clients. I don't
want my clients to save the word document
to there system and i don't want them to print the word documents.

How can i achieve both the tasks ?

IMHO, you can't. Once you send the Word documents to them, the docs
are on their system. I know of no way to tell an email client to
refuse to save or print an attachment. (Even if their was, you can bet
that not all email clients would honor it.) And AFAIK Word has no
facilities for this level of control.

A PDF document can be more tightly controlled, but I doubt whether you
can achieve the level of control that you want.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

vinod said:
Hi,

I intend to send word documents thru mail to my clients. I don't
want my clients to save the word document
to there system and i don't want them to print the word documents.

How can i achieve both the tasks ?

What does this have to do with ASP?

Jeff Cochran

I intend to send word documents thru mail to my clients. I don't
want my clients to save the word document
to there system and i don't want them to print the word documents.

How can i achieve both the tasks ?

You can't. Not using ASP for sure, and realistically no way at all.
If they can see it, they could do a print screen to get it.

Jeff