    are to stick the files outside the web tree but IIS 6 doesn't allow allow
    parent path with server mappath. I don't want to enable it but I don't want
    semi-hardcoded paths either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Chris, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Place them in the App_Data directory.
    If you don't have one, create it and modify your path to the files accordingly.

    Direct requests for your XML files will be refused if they're in that directory,
    although they will still be accessible by your application.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Chris

    bruce barker Guest

    put them in the app_data folder. it was designed for this.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jan 29, 2007