Security descriptors

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Andy, May 4, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hello,

    Does anybody know if there is a possibility to change permissions of a
    shared directory in windows using perl?

    There are some modules like Win32::FileSecurity, but they only change
    permissions for files/directory within the local file system, but I
    found no modules to change the permissions for the share.

    I know, the permissions for the share are saved as security
    descriptors in REGISTRY:{HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\Shares\security}

    But this key is saved as a very long bitmask, and I'm still unable to
    convert this bitmask into a readable string, and thus I'm also unable
    to change these permissions.

    Is there a module that can convert this bitmask or that can convert
    any settings into this bitmask?

    Some help would be great here,
    thanks, andy

    Andy, May 4, 2004