Security Error LogonUser

Guest

I use LogonUser for user authentication against AD. When I run this in XP is
works fine. But it gives me a Win32 Error 1314 (ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD) in
Win 2000. Any idea why and how do I solve it?

Frank Hickman [MVP]

Sajid said:
I use LogonUser for user authentication against AD. When I run this in XP
is
works fine. But it gives me a Win32 Error 1314 (ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD)
in
Win 2000. Any idea why and how do I solve it?

From the online help:

Windows 2000: The process calling LogonUser requires the SE_TCB_NAME
privilege. If the calling process does not have this privilege, LogonUser
fails and GetLastError returns ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD. In some cases, the
process that calls LogonUser must also have the SE_CHANGE_NOTIFY_NAME
privilege enabled; otherwise, LogonUser fails and GetLastError returns
ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. This privilege is not required for the local system
account or accounts that are members of the administrators group. By
default, SE_CHANGE_NOTIFY_NAME is enabled for all users, but some
administrators may disable it for everyone. For more information about
privileges, see Privileges.

--
Frank Hickman