  1. I use LogonUser for user authentication against AD. When I run this in XP is
    works fine. But it gives me a Win32 Error 1314 (ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD) in
    Win 2000. Any idea why and how do I solve it?
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FqaWQ=?=, Dec 11, 2006

  2. "Sajid" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I use LogonUser for user authentication against AD. When I run this in XP
    >is
    > works fine. But it gives me a Win32 Error 1314 (ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD)
    > in
    > Win 2000. Any idea why and how do I solve it?

    From the online help:

    Windows 2000: The process calling LogonUser requires the SE_TCB_NAME
    privilege. If the calling process does not have this privilege, LogonUser
    fails and GetLastError returns ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD. In some cases, the
    process that calls LogonUser must also have the SE_CHANGE_NOTIFY_NAME
    privilege enabled; otherwise, LogonUser fails and GetLastError returns
    ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. This privilege is not required for the local system
    account or accounts that are members of the administrators group. By
    default, SE_CHANGE_NOTIFY_NAME is enabled for all users, but some
    administrators may disable it for everyone. For more information about
    privileges, see Privileges.

    --
    Frank Hickman
    Frank Hickman [MVP], Dec 11, 2006