    sorts of different things but of course (as usual) there's precious little
    diagnostic information that actually tells me how to fix it. Can anyone
    help. Thank you.

    JohnS, Feb 13, 2010

  2. Hello John,

    > I installed my web site onto a newly installed version of Win Server 2008
    > and am now getting a "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException" trying to
    > access any page.

    Since you mention that the error is given when you try to "access any page",
    do you mean that even static pages cause trouble on your server? Can you
    access the root of your server successfully?

    Or, if you simply create a new ASP.NET application and have a static .aspx
    page on it, can you access that page? If not, then there probably is
    something wrong with the ASP.NET installation on your server.

    If you could first check which files/pages/applications you can access, and
    then report your findings again here, we could better help you. There
    shouldn't be anything special in the Ajax Control Toolkit, so we'd need more
    information.

    Thanks!

    --
    Regards,