security exception applet mysql please help!

Discussion in 'Java' started by vel, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. vel

    vel Guest

    Hello All,

    Please help me, I have tried a lot.

    Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
    dbUrl = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/databasename"
    conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUsername, dbPasswd);

    my applet and mysql database server are running on same WINDOWS machine
    (localhost).Iam creating my application using netbeans.I have mounted
    my needed jar files.

    I have tried even giving machine name and ipaddress still it shows the
    same error.Iam using PooledConnection over here.Does using
    pooledconnection produces error in applet?

    Error:
    java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306.
    Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to
    connect to? (java.security.AccessControlException)
    Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306. Is there a MySQL
    server running on the machine/port you are trying to connect to?
    (java.security.AccessControlException)

    Please help me.Its very urgent!Please!
    Excuse me if i haven't posted in the correct forum.

    Thanks in Advance.
    vel
    vel, Mar 4, 2005

  2. vel wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Please help me, I have tried a lot.
    >
    > Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
    > dbUrl = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/databasename"
    > conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUsername, dbPasswd);
    >
    > my applet and mysql database server are running on same WINDOWS machine
    > (localhost).Iam creating my application using netbeans.I have mounted
    > my needed jar files.
    >
    > I have tried even giving machine name and ipaddress still it shows the
    > same error.Iam using PooledConnection over here.Does using
    > pooledconnection produces error in applet?
    >
    > Error:
    > java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306.
    > Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to
    > connect to? (java.security.AccessControlException)
    > Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306. Is there a MySQL
    > server running on the machine/port you are trying to connect to?
    > (java.security.AccessControlException)
    >
    > Please help me.Its very urgent!Please!
    > Excuse me if i haven't posted in the correct forum.

    To connect to localhost, your applet must be signed. Please notice the actual exception
    -- java.security.AccessControlException.

    --
    Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
    * The Ultimate DBMS is here!
    Lee Fesperman, Mar 4, 2005