security exception applet mysql please help!

vel

Hello All,

Please help me, I have tried a lot.

Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
dbUrl = "jdbc:mysql://localhost/databasename"
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, dbUsername, dbPasswd);

my applet and mysql database server are running on same WINDOWS machine
(localhost).Iam creating my application using netbeans.I have mounted
my needed jar files.

I have tried even giving machine name and ipaddress still it shows the
same error.Iam using PooledConnection over here.Does using
pooledconnection produces error in applet?

Error:
java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306.
Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to
connect to? (java.security.AccessControlException)
Cannot connect to MySQL server on localhost:3306. Is there a MySQL
server running on the machine/port you are trying to connect to?
(java.security.AccessControlException)

Please help me.Its very urgent!Please!
Excuse me if i haven't posted in the correct forum.

Thanks in Advance.
vel

Lee Fesperman

vel said:
[...]

To connect to localhost, your applet must be signed. Please notice the actual exception
-- java.security.AccessControlException.