    --
    Regards,

    Diego F.

    Diego F., Jun 6, 2005

  2. What is the exact exception you are seeing? (If possible, could you please
    provide the full output from the exception's ToString method?)

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    The complete error message:

    Security Exception
    by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not
    allow partially trusted callers.

    Source Error:

    Line 54: fichero))
    Line 55: HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType =
    "application/pdf"
    Line 56:
    myPdfDocument.SaveToStream(HttpContext.Current.Response.OutputStream)
    Line 57: HttpContext.Current.Response.End()
    Line 58:

    Source File:
    \\Mantelnorserv\Proyectos\Mantelnor\Bampimor\Code\Aplicacion\Gestores\GestorPDF.vb
    Line: 56

    --
    Regards,

    Diego F.

    mensaje news:%...

    Diego F., Jun 6, 2005
  4. Diego F.

    Bruce Barker Guest

    the message is pretty clear. your code is calling a untrusted assembly
    method, and your asp.net security policy says this is not allowed. in
    machine.config check what the location trustLevel is set to for web apps.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jun 6, 2005
  5. This exception is thrown by the version 2.0 .NET Framework when an assembly
    that is not fully trusted calls attempts to call into a strongly named
    assembly that is not marked with AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute. (A
    far more obscure exception is thrown in the v. 1.x Framework.) This is
    meant to prevent certain kinds of attacks in which fully trusted code might
    be tricked into running potentially dangerous operations on behalf of code
    with more restricted permissions.

    Based on the error output you provided, it seems a little unlikely that the
    partially trusted assembly that is causing the problem is actually your web
    application. If this were the case, the exception should have been thrown
    for the first line of code in which any use of the assembly in which the
    type of your myPdfDocument object is declared. However, given that this is
    happening on a beta platform, there could very well be a problem in the
    exception details output. To rule out this possibility, might you be able
    to trap the exception so that its full details (including the call stack
    listing) could be captured via its ToString method?

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 6, 2005
  6. "Bruce Barker" <> wrote in message
    > the message is pretty clear. your code is calling a untrusted assembly
    > method,

    Umm... What's an "untrusted assembly method"?

    > and your asp.net security policy says this is not allowed. in
    > machine.config check what the location trustLevel is set to for web apps.

    Code in some partially trusted assembly is calling into a strongly named
    assembly, but it's not necessarily Diego's web application, and the lack of
    full trust grant is not necessarily due to the ASP.NET policy.

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 6, 2005
  7. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    In the server? Where is that?

    --
    Regards,

    Diego F.

    Diego F., Jun 6, 2005
  8. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    That's what I have in my server machine.config: I suppose that's the
    relevant part.

    - <system.web>
    - <securityPolicy>
    <trustLevel name="Full" policyFile="internal" />
    <trustLevel name="High" policyFile="web_hightrust.config" />
    <trustLevel name="Medium" policyFile="web_mediumtrust.config" />
    <trustLevel name="Low" policyFile="web_lowtrust.config" />
    <trustLevel name="Minimal" policyFile="web_minimaltrust.config" />
    </securityPolicy>
    <trust level="Full" originUrl="" />
    </system.web>

    Diego F., Jun 6, 2005
  9. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    Here is the stack info:

    Stack Trace:

    [SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly
    asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh,
    SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +130
    Gios.Pdf.Utility.Deflate(Byte[] b) in C:\Documents and
    Settings\MS006\Escritorio\diego\Gios Pdf.NET\Utility.cs:81
    Gios.Pdf.PdfTablePage.StreamWrite(Stream stream) in C:\Documents and
    Settings\MS006\Escritorio\diego\Gios Pdf.NET\Table
    Objects\PdfTablePage.cs:114
    Gios.Pdf.PdfDocument.SaveToStream(Stream m) in C:\Documents and
    Settings\MS006\Escritorio\diego\Gios Pdf.NET\PdfDocument.cs:237
    GestorPDF.GenerarPDF(String titulo, DataTable Table, String fichero) in
    \\Mantelnorserv\Proyectos\Mantelnor\Bampimor\Code\Aplicacion\Gestores\GestorPDF.vb:56
    ExportarDatos_aspx.ExportarPDF() in
    \\Mantelnorserv\Proyectos\Mantelnor\Bampimor\ExportarDatos.aspx.vb:121
    ExportarDatos_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    \\Mantelnorserv\Proyectos\Mantelnor\Bampimor\ExportarDatos.aspx.vb:25
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6828
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +229
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +34
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    +305
    completedSynchronously) +76

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.40607.16; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.40607.16

    __

    Diego F., Jun 6, 2005
  10. The Gios.Pdf.Utility.Deflate method shown in the call stack is calling into
    the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll library assembly, which is strongly named.
    Given that the exception is being thrown, it would appear that the Gios
    Pdf.NET.dll assembly is not fully trusted. If you verify the permissions
    for the Gios library as described in the "To evaluate an assembly" section
    at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...NETFrameworkAdministrationToolMscorcfgmsc.asp,
    does it appear to be granted unrestricted permissions (full trust)? If not,
    can you tell why not based on its code group membership?

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 6, 2005
  11. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    I have the source of gios.dll. Should I strong name it? I tried it but I
    found no difference.

    Diego F., Jun 7, 2005
  12. Strong naming it won't help. The problem is that it is partially trusted,
    not that it doesn't have a strong name. Have you tried verifying its
    permission grant using the instructions from
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...ETFrameworkAdministrationToolMscorcfgmsc.asp?

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 7, 2005
  13. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    I can't run that tool in the server. I have installed framewrok 2.0 beta2
    and don't know why but there is no .net tools.

    Anyway, and don't ask me why, it's working again. It happened a few weeks
    ago; suddenly it started working. I put the strong-name, that's the only
    change. Since the last time it was working, I just moved the code to other
    class and the error reappeared. Now it's working, don't know how much time.

    Diego F., Jun 7, 2005
  14. "Diego F." <> wrote in message
    >I can't run that tool in the server. I have installed framewrok 2.0 beta2
    >and don't know why but there is no .net tools.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft has been mucking about with the availability of the
    tools throughout the beta. In at least some releases, the functionality is
    still there, but you need to load it by adding the relevant snap-in after
    launching MMC. If you can't get this to work, could you please provide the
    following information:

    1. Which release of the beta are you using (product(s) and release month)?
    2. Is this a development machine or a server on which you've installed only
    the framework but not any dev tools?

    > Anyway, and don't ask me why, it's working again. It happened a few weeks
    > ago; suddenly it started working. I put the strong-name, that's the only
    > change.

    Have you ever made any changes to the CAS policy on this machine, such as
    adding a code group that grants full trust to assemblies signed with the key
    you used to sign this assembly?

    > Since the last time it was working, I just moved the code to other class
    > and the error reappeared. Now it's working, don't know how much time.

    The exact same error or a similar error? (The relevant code in the Gios
    library, which I'm guessing you didn't alter, so your change is unlikely to
    have affected this particular problem point.)

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 7, 2005
  15. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    Wanna hear something funny? I use the library in two methods: one sends a
    pdf file via http and the other saves it to disk. Now is the second that
    doesn't work. I gave permissions to Everyone but it gives me the error.

    --
    Regards,

    Diego F.

    Diego F., Jun 7, 2005
  16. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    "Nicole Calinoiu" <calinoiu REMOVETHIS AT gmail DOT com> escribió en el
    mensaje news:%...
    > "Diego F." <> wrote in message
    >>I can't run that tool in the server. I have installed framewrok 2.0 beta2
    >>and don't know why but there is no .net tools.

    > Unfortunately, Microsoft has been mucking about with the availability of
    > the tools throughout the beta. In at least some releases, the
    > functionality is still there, but you need to load it by adding the
    > relevant snap-in after launching MMC. If you can't get this to work,
    > could you please provide the following information:
    >
    > 1. Which release of the beta are you using (product(s) and release
    > month)?

    In my computer (Windows XP) I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 that runs
    framework 2.0.40607
    In the server (Windows 2003) there is only Framework 2.0 Beta 2 (2.0.50215)

    > 2. Is this a development machine or a server on which you've installed
    > only the framework but not any dev tools?

    The project is in a server folder and I run from my computer, using the
    VS2005 integrated web server
    In the server I don't have neither VS nor SDK

    >> Anyway, and don't ask me why, it's working again. It happened a few weeks
    >> ago; suddenly it started working. I put the strong-name, that's the only
    >> change.

    > Have you ever made any changes to the CAS policy on this machine, such as
    > adding a code group that grants full trust to assemblies signed with the
    > key you used to sign this assembly?

    I tried changing that, but with the previous version of the framework (beta
    1) I had errors with my assemblies.
    I can change it from my own computer but I suppose it doesn't affect the
    global application.

    >> Since the last time it was working, I just moved the code to other class
    >> and the error reappeared. Now it's working, don't know how much time.

    > The exact same error or a similar error? (The relevant code in the Gios
    > library, which I'm guessing you didn't alter, so your change is unlikely
    > to have affected this particular problem point.)

    The error always comes when trying to save to disk or send the file.

    Diego F., Jun 7, 2005
  17. "Diego F." <> wrote in message
    > The project is in a server folder and I run from my computer, using the
    > VS2005 integrated web server
    > In the server I don't have neither VS nor SDK

    Well, that's very likely the problem right there. The assemblies are being
    loaded from the network, so they're most likely being assessed as falling in
    the intranet zone. Under default CAS settings, the code group for the
    intranet zone doesn't grant any FileIOPermission.

    >>> Anyway, and don't ask me why, it's working again. It happened a few
    >>> weeks ago; suddenly it started working. I put the strong-name, that's
    >>> the only change.

    Did you perhaps also start using a local copy of the assembly?

    >> Have you ever made any changes to the CAS policy on this machine, such as
    >> adding a code group that grants full trust to assemblies signed with the
    >> key you used to sign this assembly?

    > I tried changing that, but with the previous version of the framework
    > (beta 1) I had errors with my assemblies.
    > I can change it from my own computer but I suppose it doesn't affect the
    > global application.

    The policy changes must be made on the machine on which the application is
    running, not the one on which the assemblies happen to be stored. Since the
    app is running on your dev machine, that's where the changes should be made.

    >>> Since the last time it was working, I just moved the code to other class
    >>> and the error reappeared. Now it's working, don't know how much time.

    >> The exact same error or a similar error? (The relevant code in the Gios
    >> library, which I'm guessing you didn't alter, so your change is unlikely
    >> to have affected this particular problem point.)

    > The error always comes when trying to save to disk or send the file.

    Probably due to a lack of FileIOPermission. Do you still see
    SecurityException problems on file operations if you use local copies of the
    application assemblies?

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 7, 2005
  18. "Diego F." <> wrote in message
    > Wanna hear something funny? I use the library in two methods: one sends a
    > pdf file via http and the other saves it to disk. Now is the second that
    > doesn't work. I gave permissions to Everyone but it gives me the error.

    What is the exact exception? If it's a SecurityException, then chances are
    excellent that the problem is due to CAS permissions, not user permissions,
    so no changs to the user permissions will help. You should probably revert
    to more restrictive user permissions if you want to avoid unnecessary risk.

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 7, 2005
  19. Diego F.

    Diego F. Guest

    And now how can I change the CAS settings without the .NET Configuration
    tools? Anyway I did that before and put full permissions to the intranet
    zone.

    Diego F., Jun 8, 2005
  20. "Diego F." <> wrote in message
    > And now how can I change the CAS settings without the .NET Configuration
    > tools?

    IIRC, beta 1 was one of the releases where the tools were installed even
    though the start menu shortcut wasn't added. Have you tried running mmc.exe
    from the command line then attempting to add the snap-in from within MMC?
    If this doesn't work, you should still be able to use caspol.

    > Anyway I did that before and put full permissions to the intranet zone.

    That might explain why it was working. <g>

    Nicole Calinoiu, Jun 8, 2005