Security Exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff Cochran, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. Jeff Cochran

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using ODP.Net.
    >The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without issue.
    >
    >When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve the
    >following error:
    > System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission
    >set object.
    >
    >The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
    >application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
    >
    >Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Jamie.
    >
    >PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
    >urgently

    It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
    your answer.

    Jeff

    jamie, Jul 6, 2004

  3. jamie wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using ODP.Net.
    > The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without issue.
    >
    > When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve the
    > following error:
    > System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded permission
    > set object.
    >
    > The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
    > application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
    >
    > Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jamie.
    >
    > PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
    > urgently

    Not an Oracle error message. Try Microsoft support.

    Daniel Morgan
    Daniel Morgan, Jul 7, 2004
  4. "Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:56:52 GMT, "jamie" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi All,
    > >
    > >I have an ASP.Net application that access an Oracle database using

    ODP.Net.
    > >The application can also use a SQL Server database and works without

    issue.

    > >When pointing at an Oracle Database (8i sever and 9i client) I recieve

    the
    > >following error:
    > > System.Security.SecurityException: Failure decoding embedded

    permission
    > >set object.
    > >
    > >The application does not access the file system and the rest of the
    > >application that is coded is old style ASP works without issue.
    > >
    > >Any help with troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >Jamie.
    > >
    > >PS. Apologies for the crosspost but I need to get this working rather
    > >urgently

    > It's not an IIS issue. Try annoying just the other five groups for
    > your answer.

    The code that throws the exception would have helped....

    It *may* be an IIS issue - sort of - in that the anonymous accounts
    iuser_machine and iwam_machine need to have read/execute access to the
    Oracle home directory, which they won't do by default with a 9i (or higher)
    client. If it isn't that wild stab in the dark then try posting some code,
    and I'd suggest limiting the crossposts to just the aspnet and perhaps the
    oracle.misc groups.

    Cheers

    --
    Niall Litchfield