Security flaw in Internet Explorer

Ray_Net

Which site? So they tell you which OS you must use as well, are they
getting a kick back from MS? Will they pay your Windows license fee?

He will pay nobody - as he said: "I don't care; Use IE !".

Ray_Net

Concerning browsers, IE holds about 50%.
And, this count steadily shrinks. Good reasons for it.
People have phones and use Safary and Chrome.
My website stat clearly shows the same falling tendency. Moreover:
For instance -besides the ongoing zero day exploit -
IE11 has gone back to disablement . Just discovered this latest browser
can't handle "background-size". IE9 can do it. All other modern major
browsers can handle it. Besides this. The world community of xp owners is
about to discover that their xp machines has been packed with ms virus, that
is active now past april 8.
That what happened to my own. They are about to kill
their xp users, now finished updating xp - no obstacles.

The users are not killed - they just MUST switch to windows7 or windows8.
Microsoft's support policy is still returning to normal after XP was allowed to live
well past its normal retirement date.

Jonathan N. Little

Ray_Net said:
He will pay nobody - as he said: "I don't care; Use IE !".

And As I said...now there is a site I'd be leaving in a hurry! And one
that I'd point out to others as *how not to web develop*.

se

Ray_Net said:
The users are not killed - they just MUST switch to windows7 or windows8.
Microsoft's support policy is still returning to normal after XP was
allowed to live
well past its normal retirement date.

ms allowed xp users to live until the end of their stated
retirement date - eh !.
Chasing them to window 7 or window 8 (8.1) - eh!
Then this satisfied the company having no more obstacles
with xp users - eh !.

am using SeaMonkey for my browser BUT sometimes a site cannot be used with
this
browser, so i am very happy to use IE11 ...

be happy with your ms IE 11 none supporting css background-size=cover;
- until you discover. Then find out that switching to Firefox, Safari,
Chrome
or Opera can show you a proper steady full background image when
zooming a webpage having a full window background image.

Jonathan N. Little

Neil said:
What is your point is? If one has written a site that works with Android and
iOS phones, and Windows IE, it will also work with Windows phones.

Because that was not the situation in discussion. It was a MSIE-only
site. MSIE-only sites will NOT work on Android and iOS phones, nor on
Mac and Linux computers.

Neil Gould

Jonathan said:
You have heard of smart phones? The number that run Windows is
irrelevant. Just one metric to consider.
What is your point is? If one has written a site that works with Android and
iOS phones, and Windows IE, it will also work with Windows phones.

Tim Streater

Jonathan N. Little said:
Because that was not the situation in discussion. It was a MSIE-only
site. MSIE-only sites will NOT work on Android and iOS phones, nor on
Mac and Linux computers.

I haven't followed this thread. Is it 'MSIE-only' because the site
sniffs which browser it is an rejects that, or because the site uses a
load of IE-only extensions?

Jonathan N. Little

Tim said:
I haven't followed this thread. Is it 'MSIE-only' because the site
sniffs which browser it is an rejects that, or because the site uses a
load of IE-only extensions?

Ray_Net never posted URL or particulars...it could be either. I have
seen both in the wild. The former (either done by ignorance or agenda)
for example company Intuit's site is "fixed" with a custom useragent
string. The latter (also either by ignorance or fell prey to MS
marketing) are sites that are just hopeless since MS is weening those
extensions from IE...one reason some companies clung to WinXP and IE6
for so long was their intranet infrastructure was dependent on them.

Ray_Net

ms allowed xp users to live until the end of their stated
retirement date - eh !.
Chasing them to window 7 or window 8 (8.1) - eh!
Then this satisfied the company having no more obstacles
with xp users - eh !.

be happy with your ms IE 11 none supporting css background-size=cover;
- until you discover. Then find out that switching to Firefox, Safari,
Chrome
or Opera can show you a proper steady full background image when
zooming a webpage having a full window background image.

You don't understand that i use IE *ONLY* and *only* with a site because my SeaMonkey
is not able to show me this site correctly.
99,99 % of the time i am very happy with SeaMonkey.

se

Ray_Net said:
You don't understand that i use IE *ONLY* and *only* with a site because
my SeaMonkey
is not able to show me this site correctly.
99,99 % of the time i am very happy with SeaMonkey.

Ok, thank you for the correction.

/se

Jonathan N. Little

Tim said:
You mean MS is trying to follow standards? Well I'll be hornswoggled.

Well the held their collective breath but as engineers started turning
purple and dropping off one by one (and Firefox started cutting
significantly in market share) they have been working in catch-up mode.

Jonathan N. Little

Ray_Net said:
When you need it, you are forced to use IE.
Is it so difficult for you to understand ?

Only in that you have not said what is so important about this site.
Years ago my merchant processor's site was so restricted. They wanted me
to manage my account via this site, I informed them of the issue and
that I would not be moving to online management until they fixed it.
They did eventually fix it...long story-short: we are using a different
processor, no Windows requirement.

Denis McMahon

You don't understand that i use IE *ONLY* and *only* with a site because
my SeaMonkey is not able to show me this site correctly.
99,99 % of the time i am very happy with SeaMonkey.

Out of interest, what's the url?