Security Management - How to

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by aaapaul, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. aaapaul

    aaapaul Guest

    Hello !

    I have to create an Information-System for our company.

    I am using ASP.NET 1.1 and SQL-Server 2000.

    Basically I am using the integrated Windows-authentication in IIS.
    (impersonate=true). I have anWindows-Group that can read and change my
    Files-directory.
    This works good and should remain.

    Furthermore I have differentiate between the user. Each called page
    should be displayed, depending on the users rights.

    My mental image looks like this:
    I have a table with users (userid, username) and a table with roles
    (roleid,rolename)
    and a table rights (userid,roleeid)

    Does anybody have an example for handling such problems ?

    Thanks
    aaapaul
    aaapaul, Apr 12, 2006