Security of ASA file?

MDW

I'd like to start using global.asa to store things like connection strings to
databases and the like. As I understand it, you have to save the file in the
root of your app.

My concern is that storing the location of databases within the ASA file
might be a security issue. Is there any way for a user to get at the
information contained in that file and, by extension, get at the databases
themselves?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

MDW said:
I'd like to start using global.asa to store things like connection
strings to databases and the like. As I understand it, you have to
save the file in the root of your app.

My concern is that storing the location of databases within the ASA
file might be a security issue. Is there any way for a user to get at
the information contained in that file and, by extension, get at the
databases themselves?
No. Only if they gain access to the file system. IIS will not serve the
contents of this file.

Bob Barrows