Security, Payment gateway and other B2C related

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andy, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi,

    I'm currently developing my B2C application using ASP.NET. I have several
    questions regarding planning this application:

    In my application, I'll use my own shopping cart (developed totally in
    ASP.NET / MS SQL Server for the backend).
    I'm planning to accepting online payment using major credit cards
    (Visa/Mastercard), and for that matter I'm currently considering to use
    service from ikobo.com.
    Even though this payment gateway suggesting to use their shopping cart, I'll
    still use my own shopping cart. And, let this gateway to only handle the
    payment verification and processing.
    They're also providing ways to connect to their system variables (via form
    vars) and let me just pass the total amount of the items in the cart that is
    being paid along with the customer personal and CC info when the customer
    click on the 'check out' button.

    Well, I'm new to this so pls apologize my rather silly questions. Here're my
    questions,
    - Is it mandatory to use SSL to secure the confidential information
    (customer's personal and CC info) during the transfer from my site to the
    payment gateway secured link?
    - Is there any special considerations (in regard of ASP.NET programming) in
    accessing this secured folder?
    - Should I use a shared SSL certificate that is shared across all the
    domains that are hosted on the hosting that I use, or is it better to use a
    dedicated SSL cert for my domain only?
    - I'm using Windows XP Pro as my development machine. Is there any way I can
    simulate this secured communications via SSL in my machine? I tried it
    before but it requested to get a live cert.
    - Anyone here ever heard of ikobo.com's reputation?

    I'll appreciate any comments and suggestions.

    Many thanks in advance,
    andy
    Andy, Dec 29, 2004