    and have full trust set in the web.config file.

    Thanks in advance!
    , May 14, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > G'day,
    >
    > I have 2 Win2K servers, 1 is my database server, 1 runs IIS
    >
    > On the IIS machine I have an ASP.NET 2 application that makes a call
    > to a proprietry 3rd party COM Object/DLL that makes a call to a
    > database on server number 2.
    >
    > When the DLL call is run, I get
    > "Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission" error and thats all it says.

    It sounds like you need to check with the writer of that dll.

    > Does anybody have any idea how I get around this? Im a newbie to ASP
    > and have full trust set in the web.config file.

    of the previous questions before posting yours - always a recommended
    practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears very little
    resemblance to classic ASP so,
    while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
    can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 14, 2006