    Any clues...

    Thanks

    Griff
    Griff, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Griff

    Tony Proctor Guest

    In the Debugging tab of the Project properties, there's a "Start browser
    with URL" option. Fill that in Griff

    When the IDE starts up, it actually redirect the registry locations for your
    DLL to a special DCOM server that communicates with the IDE version of your
    DLL. IIS/ASP won't know the difference though.When they call on it, their
    calls are effectively redirected to the IDE version

    Tony Proctor

    "Griff" <> wrote in message
    > I know that this is easy to do, I've done it before, but I can't find how

    > did it before.....groan.
    >
    > Basically, my ASP page can createObject for a compiled DLL, but it can't

    do

    Tony Proctor, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Griff

    Griff Guest

    That's not it unfortunately

    This results in the error:

    An unhandled exception ('006-asp 0178~server.createobject access error~the
    call to server.createobjectfailed while checking permissions. Access is
    denied to this objecty.') occured in dllhost.exe[280]

    I think before that I had to edit a registry entry or change something with
    the NTFS permissions for the IUSR_server user.....
    Griff, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Griff

    Phill W. Guest

    "Griff" <> wrote in message
    >I know that this is easy to do, I've done it before, but I can't find how I
    >did it before.....groan.
    >
    > Basically, my ASP page can createObject for a compiled DLL, but it can't
    > do it for the non-compiled DLL (running in VB6).

    Assuming you're on the same box as the web server ...

    Open the project in VB.
    Add breakpoints as required.
    Ctrl-F5 (Start with Full Compile).
    Browse to the web page that uses the DLL and, with a bit of luck,
    IIS should use the "instance" running in the VB IDE, breakpoints and all.

    HTH,
    Phill W.
    Phill W., Jan 17, 2006
  5. Griff