Security Problems in ASP.NET 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jaime Stuardo, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. Hi all..

    Since I installed ASP.NET 2.0, I have a lot of problems concerning Sercurity.

    Using default authorization configuration I could develop applications
    remotely using VS.NET because I added my network user as part of the VS
    developers group in the remote machine.

    This way, when I run the application, I cannot call a web service (presented
    in the same remote machine) because it says that NETWORK SERVICE doesn't have
    permissions.

    In order to solve that, I added this piece of code to the web.config file:
    <identity impersonate="false"/>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>

    This way, pages work (not throwing the same permission error), but I
    affected development. When using VS.NET, a popup authenticatin dialog is
    shown. I need to authenticate using administrator credentials in order to the
    project to load correctly and to allow page modifications. My network user,
    besides being in VS developers group, have full access permissions to web
    site directories (from wwwroot$ and below), so I don't know what else to
    check.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Jaime