Security Question

Robbie Wallis

Hello,
Could anyone provide me with an idea of the impact that the following change
would make to security

Modifying the machine.config file and set the "allowDefinition" attribute to
"everywhere"

Thanks

Robbie

Martin Dechev

Hi, Robbie,

I'm not sure about security - I doubt it will have anything to do with
security. What I expect is that (some if not all of) the components will not
be able to handle the different configurations. I.e. if a component has been
designed and programmed to work with one global setting for the machine most
probably there will be some problems if you try to force different setting
for this component per application. Or it might discard totally the
per-application setting. Or it will throw a ConfigurationException.

Just remember to back-up your config files before editing.

Hope this helps
Martin