Security tab doesn't appear in folder property dialogbox

Ephrem

Security tab page in the folder property dialogbox (found
when right-click on a folder and click 'Property' from
the context menu) doesn't apperar in my computer, I used
Windows XP Professional, in which I want grant READ/WRITE
access persmission for the ASPNET account of the ASP.NET
This because while I am developing an ASP.NET web
application the following error appear when I tried to
update the database 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException:
Operation must use an updateable query', which is access
security problem.
Please respond this is crucial, I got stucked
Thanks

Jos

Ephrem said:
Security tab page in the folder property dialogbox (found
when right-click on a folder and click 'Property' from
the context menu) doesn't apperar in my computer, I used
Windows XP Professional, in which I want grant READ/WRITE
access persmission for the ASPNET account of the ASP.NET
This because while I am developing an ASP.NET web
application the following error appear when I tried to
update the database 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException:
Operation must use an updateable query', which is access
security problem.
Please respond this is crucial, I got stucked
Thanks

The file system on your volume is FAT and not NTFS?
FAT doesn't support security.
To find out, right-click on the drive icon in Windows Explorer,
and choose properties.

However, in that case, I wonder why your query is not
updateable. Maybe the file is read-only?

You can change a FAT drive to NTFS with the CONVERT
command without losing data (make a backup anyway,
just in case).

Jos

Ephrem said:
Thanks Jos for yur fast response
I check the file system but it is NTFS for sure
Please, do yu have any other idea
Thanks a lot

Do you have administrator rights on your own computer?
If not, try logging on as Administrator to see what happens.