    Does anyone know how to get the Security tab to show up?

    Thanks in advance

    Doug

    Doug Holland, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Hi Doug,

    What is your operation system? What File System do you use to this file's
    disk?
    I think maybe you use Fat32 file system, to enable Security Tab, use NTFS
    file system.

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Tan
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Dec 29, 2003

  3. Doug Holland

    Doug Holland Guest

    Actually I'm using Windows XP Professional SP1 and the
    NTFS file system.

    The computer is also part of a workgroup and not a
    domain, I've heard that might make a difference and have
    found a website that states you need to disable 'Simple
    File Sharing' in the Tools, Folder Options dialog.

    This seemed to work.

    Thanks

    Doug

    confers no rights.

    Doug Holland, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Hi Doug,

    Thanks for your feedback.
    I am glad it works. My computer is also Windows XP Professional SP1 and the
    NTFS file system.
    And I enabled 'Simple File Sharing' option, but I can also get the security
    tab.

    Anyway, I think you'd better post such question in windows group.
    There will be windows system support engineer work for you. I will help you
    on the developing issue.

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Dec 30, 2003