Security Trimming on remote Server (ISP shared)

Paul

On my local site, I have a folder that is security trimmed, so that only
members of a Role can see it after they register and log on (I set the
memberships). All works fine locally.

However, when I deployed to my ISP, the security trimming does not work.
Here is the relevant code. I can add users just fine, they show up in the
ISP SQL Server database, and I can log on and off.

I read somewhere that one had to match the entry "applicationName " . What
is that? when I say applicationName="myApplicationName", what is
myApplicationName supposed to refer to?

__________________________

<roleManager enabled="true">

<providers>

<clear/>

<add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="dotnetstoreConnectionString"

applicationName="myApplicationName"

type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

</providers>

</roleManager>

<membership defaultProvider="MyAspNetSlqlMembershipProvider">

<providers>

<clear/>

<add name="MyAspNetSlqlMembershipProvider"

connectionStringName="dotnetstoreConnectionString"

enablePasswordRetrieval="false"

enablePasswordReset="true"

requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"

applicationName="myApplicatioName"

requiresUniqueEmail="false"

passwordFormat="Hashed"

maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="50"

minRequiredPasswordLength="7"

minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1"

passwordAttemptWindow="10"

passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""

type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

</providers>

</membership>

<!--End Role manager code-->

<!--Below is trimming code-->

<trace enabled="true" />

<siteMap defaultProvider="XmlSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">

<providers>

<add name="XmlSiteMapProvider"

description="Default SiteMap provider."

type="System.Web.XmlSiteMapProvider"

siteMapFile="Web.sitemap"

securityTrimmingEnabled="true" />

</providers>

</siteMap>

<!--End trimming code-->

(Must have something to with the applicationID??). As i said, on my local
setup, working/running with VS 2005, if I sign in as someone who has a role
that allows him to see the page, it works. On the remote server it does
not.

TIA,

Paolo