Security warning msg when opening PDF file under Https://

Guest

Hello

I was hoping to appeal to the gurus of the audience that may be able to contribute to resolving my problem

I built a web reporting website in .NET using Crystal (God help me!) but I've gotten to the point where the final item I'm trying to resolve has more to due with displaying large reports in PDF format through SSL on the website. The way I built the site is that I have 1.aspx (which contains the criteria to run the report) and then 2.aspx (which contains the Crystal Viewer to display the report). I set up a multithreading environment that takes the user to 2.aspx immediately and displays a message "Please wait". The aspx refreshes every 5 seconds and check if the Session variable containing the dataset for the report is present yet. If it is, it sets the data source and displays the report

THe problem I'm having is when I do this, only a few reports, I run into a problem where when I run the report and it gets to 2.aspx, I'm prompted with a "Yes/No/More Info" message box asking me if I wish to show this page that contains secure and non-secure items. For the life, I can't figure out what could be non-secure that it's interpreting. This runs fine with larger reports but seems to hit this message box when smaller data is returned. Like as if it doesn't get enough time to get to 2.aspx because the dataset is there already and maybe the label message box is being interpreted as non-secure but I don't know...

I'd really appreciate ANY thoughts on this because I'm really at wits end

MUCH thanks
Mark

Curt_C [MVP]

is the rpt file outside the ssl path?