Security Warning

Stephen Noronha

Hi,

I am supposed to modify/manage some code. it was on a machine in "Network
Shared", I whacked it from there and put it in my wwwroot folder,
I opened it after creating a Virtual directory and it gave me this "Warning"

When I open the "Sample.sln" I get warning + Errors which reads: The project
location is not fully trusted by the .net runtime. This is usually becuase
it is either a network share, or mapped to a network share not on the local
machine. If the output path is under the project location, your code will
not execute as fully trusted and you may receive unexpected security
exceptions.

Please advice,
Stephen

WJ

Stephen Noronha said:
Hi,

I am supposed to modify/manage some code. it was on a machine in "Network
Shared", I whacked it from there and put it in my wwwroot folder,
I opened it after creating a Virtual directory and it gave me this
"Warning"

When I open the "Sample.sln" I get warning + Errors which reads: The
project
location is not fully trusted by the .net runtime. This is usually
becuase
it is either a network share, or mapped to a network share not on the
local
machine. If the output path is under the project location, your code will
not execute as fully trusted and you may receive unexpected security
exceptions.

Most likely because some files still reference your network resources
internally. You nay want to use notepad to edit files such as *.sln, *.proj,
and *.webinfo to search and change the network path to your local pc.

John