    members and roles and they obviously won't be using Visual Studio.

    Any suggestions would be apprecitated.

    Thanks!
    Dabbler, Jun 18, 2006

  2. You can do that - register the app as a IIS app - you have to look through
    the code though, on one page (forgot which one - presumably the main page)
    - there is a check if the client is local - you can remove that line of code
    and it will work.

    Be very careful with that, make sure this is secured properly.

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Jun 19, 2006

  3. Dabbler

    PeterKellner Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:35:02 -0700, Dabbler
    <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to use the website administration tool from the hosting server
    >instead of localhost? I need a way for my client to be able to maintain
    >members and roles and they obviously won't be using Visual Studio.
    >
    >Any suggestions would be apprecitated.
    >
    >Thanks!

    I wrote an Article on MSDN about this.

    http://peterkellner.net/?p=24

    I had the same problem and did not see a solution. Microsoft
    published it because they see it as a good solution. There is a way
    to make the app built into visual studio work on IIS but it creates
    security concerns. According to MS, it does not prevent cross domain
    type attacks.

    Good Luck.
    Peter Kellner
    http://peterkellner.net