SecurityException in Web Service using ADOMD.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Vani Murarka, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. Vani Murarka

    Vani Murarka Guest

    I have a web service that uses ADOMD.NET. This web service runs fine on
    most servers, but gives a Security Exception when running on a server
    which also has Sharepoint (WSS) installed. The Security Exception I get
    is given below.

    I found that if I give the trust level=Full in the web.config in
    wwwroot, the web service works on the server with sharepoint. But that
    is something that is surely not desireable. The trust level that is not
    normally set on the server is WSS_Medium. On going to the config file
    for WSS_Medium (wss_mediumtrust.config), I could not really figure out
    what entries to make for Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.

    There is an entry for SqlClient -"SqlClientPermission"
    Description="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission ..."

    Do I have to make any entry in this file (if so, what entry) or some
    configuration somewhere else?

    I have also specified the web service path to be excluded in the
    Sharepoint Central Administration.

    Please let me know the way out of this. I posted this query on the OLAP
    forums, but with no luck. Maybe people here may be able to help as this
    might be a configuration with sharepoint issue.

    Thanks

    Vani Murarka

    ------- (the web service is called iGBWebService) ----------
    System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.
    at IGB.DataAccess.DataAccessComponent.OpenAdomdConnection()
    at IGB.DataAccess.DataAccessComponent..ctor() in
    e:\ilumenwebservice\igbwebservice\dataaccess\dataaccesscomponent.cs:line
    43
    at IGB.MetricsRetriever.AggregatedMetricsRetriever..ctor() in
    E:\iLumenWebService\iGBWebService\MetricsRetriever\AggregatedMetricsRetr
    iever.cs:line
    33
    at IGB.iGbWebService..ctor() in
    E:\iLumenWebService\iGBWebService\iGBWebService.asmx.cs:line 41

    The granted set of the failing assembly was:
    <PermissionSet class="System.Security.PermissionSet"
    version="1">
    <IPermission
    class="System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Read="TEMP;TMP;USERNAME;OS;COMPUTERNAME"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Read="E:\iLumenWebService\iGBWebService"
    Write="E:\iLumenWebService\iGBWebService"
    Append="E:\iLumenWebService\iGBWebService"
    PathDiscovery="E:\iLumenWebService\iGBWebService"/>
    <IPermission
    class="System.Security.Permissions.IsolatedStorageFilePermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Allowed="AssemblyIsolationByUser"
    UserQuota="9223372036854775807"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Flags="Assertion, Execution, ControlThread,
    ControlPrincipal, RemotingConfiguration"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Level="Medium"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Net.DnsPermission, System,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Unrestricted="true"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Drawing.Printing.PrintingPermission,
    System.Drawing, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    version="1"
    Level="DefaultPrinting"/>
    <IPermission
    class="Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.SharePointPermission,
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Security, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"
    version="1"
    ObjectModel="True"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission,
    System.Data, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Unrestricted="true"/>
    <IPermission class="Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.WebPartPermission,
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Security, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"
    version="1"
    Connections="True"/>
    <IPermission class="System.Net.WebPermission, System,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1">
    <ConnectAccess>
    <URI uri=""/>
    </ConnectAccess>
    </IPermission>
    <IPermission
    class="System.Security.Permissions.UrlIdentityPermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"

    Url="file://E:/iLumenWebService/iGBWebService/bin/iGBWebService.DLL"/>
    <IPermission
    class="System.Security.Permissions.ZoneIdentityPermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Zone="MyComputer"/>
    </PermissionSet>