See if you can figure this one out....

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I have a simple ASPX page being hosted on our ISP.

    The page contains 2 textboxes, and one button:
    http://www.jonkar.ca/nora/xtest.aspx

    You put info into TextBox1 then press the button, and holy smokes the info
    is put into TextBox2....

    That's incredible!

    Since you know that works, Now get a second computer to connect to the same
    page..........
    On both computers try using the program, you will not be able to use it for
    more than 4 clicks....
    You will probably crash on the first click of the button...

    The Web.config file:
    ----------
    <configuration>

    <system.web>

    <customErrors mode="Off" />

    </system.web>

    </configuration>

    Here is all the code from xtest.aspx:
    ----------

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <script runat="server">

    Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
    dim someString as string = textBox1.Text
    textBox2.Text = someString
    End Sub

    </script>

    <head>
    </head>
    <form runat="server">
    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 168px;
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 56px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:Label id="Label1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 80px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 56px" runat="server" Width="83px">My Dot Net</asp:Label>
    <asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 200px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 104px" onclick="Button1_Click" runat="server" Width="88px"
    Text="Button"></asp:Button>
    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox2" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 176px;
    POSITION: absolute; TOP: 160px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    </form>
    John, Sep 30, 2003

  2. John

    Ray at Guest

    Ray at, Sep 30, 2003

  3. John

    Bob Barrows Guest

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest
    Bob Barrows, Sep 30, 2003