    I'm a little bit frustated with this error :-(

    Tks,
    Ravi.

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Ravi Ambros Wallau

    Roy Guest

    In your aspx code, locate the troublesome control in question and place
    "runat=server" (without the quotes) inside it's tag.

    Roy, Jun 9, 2005

  3. The error only happens at design time.
    My dev enviroment is a Visual Studio .NET 2003 + Infragistics NetAdvantage
    2005. I've created a custom control, and when this control is placed inside
    a control of Infragistics, the error occours.
    The strange thing is that, if I go to HTML view and BACK, everything is
    fine. But if I change something in design mode, the error will occours until
    I reopen the page.
    It's really strange, and the tooltip baloon is _not_ displayed.
    I just would like to know what's the error...

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Ravi Ambros Wallau

    Guest

    Hey Ravi,

    Open up the code for your custom control. Then go to Configuration
    Properties/Debugging, and set the Start Action to "Start External
    Program". Browse to devenv.exe (that's the VS.NET executable).

    Hit run, and it should open a new instance of VS.NET. Set breakpoints
    in the first instance, and then do your stuff in the second instance.
    When you put your custom control into the Infragistics control in the
    second instance, the custom control's code will run in the first
    instance, and you should be able to debug.

    Lisa

    Ravi Ambros Wallau wrote:
    > The error only happens at design time.
    > My dev enviroment is a Visual Studio .NET 2003 + Infragistics NetAdvantage
    > 2005. I've created a custom control, and when this control is placed inside
    > a control of Infragistics, the error occours.
    > The strange thing is that, if I go to HTML view and BACK, everything is
    > fine. But if I change something in design mode, the error will occours until
    > I reopen the page.
    > It's really strange, and the tooltip baloon is _not_ displayed.
    > I just would like to know what's the error...
    >
    > "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > > In your aspx code, locate the troublesome control in question and place
    > > "runat=server" (without the quotes) inside it's tag.

    , Jun 10, 2005
  5. I'll try.

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 10, 2005
  6. Ravi Ambros Wallau

    Guest

    Oh, and make sure that you set the control project to be the startup
    project in the first instance.

    Lisa

    Ravi Ambros Wallau wrote:
    > I'll try.
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hey Ravi,
    > >
    > > Open up the code for your custom control. Then go to Configuration
    > > Properties/Debugging, and set the Start Action to "Start External
    > > Program". Browse to devenv.exe (that's the VS.NET executable).
    > >
    > > Hit run, and it should open a new instance of VS.NET. Set breakpoints
    > > in the first instance, and then do your stuff in the second instance.
    > > When you put your custom control into the Infragistics control in the
    > > second instance, the custom control's code will run in the first
    > > instance, and you should be able to debug.
    > >
    > > Lisa
    > >

    > > Ravi Ambros Wallau wrote:
    > >> The error only happens at design time.
    > >> My dev enviroment is a Visual Studio .NET 2003 + Infragistics
    > >> NetAdvantage
    > >> 2005. I've created a custom control, and when this control is placed
    > >> inside
    > >> a control of Infragistics, the error occours.
    > >> The strange thing is that, if I go to HTML view and BACK, everything is
    > >> fine. But if I change something in design mode, the error will occours
    > >> until
    > >> I reopen the page.
    > >> It's really strange, and the tooltip baloon is _not_ displayed.
    > >> I just would like to know what's the error...

    , Jun 10, 2005
  7. Doesn't seem to work.
    The problem is not in runtime, but in design mode.
    Everything works fine when the application is being debugged.
    Is there some log where the erros are stored?

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 10, 2005
  8. Ravi Ambros Wallau

    Guest

    Design time for your page is run time for the code inside your
    controls. If you set a breakpoint in the Load method in the control
    code (in the first instance), do you hit it when you add the control to
    the page (in the second instance)? If not, you aren't debugging the
    control. Maybe you have a copy of the custom control's dll in
    PublicAssemblies? If you do, that'd mess up the debug process, because
    you wouldn't be adding the control that matches the code in the first
    instance of VS.NET.

    Lisa

    Ravi Ambros Wallau wrote:
    > Doesn't seem to work.
    > The problem is not in runtime, but in design mode.
    > Everything works fine when the application is being debugged.
    > Is there some log where the erros are stored?
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Oh, and make sure that you set the control project to be the startup
    > > project in the first instance.
    > >
    > > Lisa
    > >
    > > Ravi Ambros Wallau wrote:
    > >> I'll try.

    , Jun 10, 2005
  9. Hmmm...
    No I really understand what you mean...
    The problem is that the error occours not in my control, but in
    Infragistics. When my control is not placed inside Infragistics, it works
    really fine in design mode.
    But I will try a shot, placing a breakpoint inside my control constructor.
    Thanks a lot for your help (I would like to say thanks for a rapid answer,
    but I can't find the expression, English is not my native language).
    Let's if I can solve this problem...

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Jun 10, 2005